'Anonymous' Hacker Quits, Burns Bridges on Way Out

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Is there trouble in the ranks of Anonymous? Are the values of what it has become being questioned? Simple answer is yes. Little by little, the infrastructure is splintering under the weight of questionable motives and actions. The latest to defect from the ranks is a member known as SparkyBlaze. His parting shots at Anonymous will no doubt influence others to quit the group.

Matthew/SparkyBlaze's defection has made at least minor waves within Anonymous.

good......they need to realize the shit they are doing is going too far.....that guy makes some good points in his pastebin

So basically some "members" are growing out of it. It's a teenage fun clique, it never had meaning.

I think the whole bart thing was due to too much anonymity and you get one little guy who goes "HO HO! I cracked a website that has the word BART in it, lets post that information, fight the power! Yeah!" and that level of thinking just sends a bad message overall.

Also I do find it ironic that a group called Anonymous has people with handles..

Anonymous isn't one group. When will people understand this?

A group of people who call themselves Anonymous.. yeah I'd call that a group. Maybe not a group in the traditional sense but a group of people nevertheless.

Anonymous isn't one group. When will people understand this?

They all amount to the same thing - a bunch of self centered attention seekers. There's nothing noble about what they do,as much as we may dislike some of their targets like Sony,in the end their thoughtless antics end up hurting innocent people.

They all amount to the same thing - a bunch of self centered attention seekers. There's nothing noble about what they do,as much as we may dislike some of their targets like Sony,in the end their thoughtless antics end up hurting innocent people.

Do you belong to any groups that help people in any way, because it seems you have a touch of morality showing. This guy that quit, why does he have to come out of the wood work and explain himself, he couldn't just retire peacefully. Nope he still is an attention seeking whore with no morals. A person who is true to himself doesn't have to seek acknowledgement from the rest of the world. He just has to bow out gracefully.

Do you belong to any groups that help people in any way, because it seems you have a touch of morality showing. This guy that quit, why does he have to come out of the wood work and explain himself, he couldn't just retire peacefully. Nope he still is an attention seeking whore with no morals. A person who is true to himself doesn't have to seek acknowledgement from the rest of the world. He just has to bow out gracefully.

Hmm, didn't think of it that way. Well said.

I wonder if this means they can still "destroy facebook" on November 5th without him. ;)

My main problem with Anonymous is that they take people's sensitive information -- people who probably have nothing to do with what they're protesting -- and post it.

-Facebook, Google, ( and nearly every company you give personal information to on a daily basis) not only give out your info, but SELLS it. Anonymous is either purposely or inadvertently making a point about personal information. ITS NOT SECURE, SO DON'T GIVE IT AWAY.

-The core idea behind Anonymous, at least to me, is that they are the voice of fairness, common sense and reason in a world where companies can legally get away with the complete opposite of what is fair and reasonable. They are supposed to be the ones that say "No wait, THAT is BS, and we're not going to let you do that". While their methods aren't the best, and their motives have been twisted by individual opinions, their core concept remains (hopefully) and this truly is the only way to get the attention of the public, whether that attention is positive or negative.... eventually the truth will come out.

My opinion at least.

Writing my senator, voting with my wallet, and protesting with silence sure the f**k haven't worked in the past, why would you think it's gonna start working today?

ITT: Old men yelling to people younger than them "GET OFF MAH LAWN!" without understanding the situation or what intentions are behind this, or what is currently going on in the world in general.

It took this long for some people to realize this. Goes to show how easily swept up people can be. Luckily this one woke up.

Only thing this group of jokers have done is make the Internet even more restrictive. I don't want the government in my life even more. Instead of having a 800LB Gorilla on my back you can make it a 900lb because idiots like them give those power hungry villians in DC even more power and control over someone.

I wish I was in my Teens in this era of facebook, myspace, twitter instead of the late 90's / early 2000's. Keeping in touch back then was better tbh. E-Mail, AIM, and IRC was the main ways me and my friends talked online. No one was selling my information for there profit. Only thing these days I don't mind is twitter since they cant get my personal information. I don't need some jackass I dont know from California trying to be my friend when I live in New Jersey. The scary part about facebook everyone can see your data its not even safe.

Only thing this group of jokers have done is make the Internet even more restrictive. I don't want the government in my life even more. Instead of having a 800LB Gorilla on my back you can make it a 900lb because idiots like them give those power hungry villians in DC even more power and control over someone.
The government was already in your life even more. This group of jokers merely revealed it to you. If the government can claim this power using an excuse as flimsy as "a dozen internet vandals", then they already had the power.

The government was already in your life even more. This group of jokers merely revealed it to you. If the government can claim this power using an excuse as flimsy as "a dozen internet vandals", then they already had the power.

The funny thing is, people will blame this or the next group for it instead of looking in the mirror and seeing who is really responsible for allowing the government to erode our civil liberties.

ITT: Old men yelling to people younger than them "GET OFF MAH LAWN!" without understanding the situation or what intentions are behind this, or what is currently going on in the world in general.

The old people will tell you that the young people always think they know better than everyone else, that is, until they too get old(er) and realize just how stupid they were acting when they were young. :rolleyes:

-Facebook, Google, ( and nearly every company you give personal information to on a daily basis) not only give out your info, but SELLS it. Anonymous is either purposely or inadvertently making a point about personal information. ITS NOT SECURE, SO DON'T GIVE IT AWAY.

-The core idea behind Anonymous, at least to me, is that they are the voice of fairness, common sense and reason in a world where companies can legally get away with the complete opposite of what is fair and reasonable. They are supposed to be the ones that say "No wait, THAT is BS, and we're not going to let you do that". While their methods aren't the best, and their motives have been twisted by individual opinions, their core concept remains (hopefully) and this truly is the only way to get the attention of the public, whether that attention is positive or negative.... eventually the truth will come out.

My opinion at least.

Writing my senator, voting with my wallet, and protesting with silence sure the f**k haven't worked in the past, why would you think it's gonna start working today?

I agree 100%

I've never viewed their actions as malicious, but rather a wake-up call to sensibility. Technology moves so quickly; we can get swept up in all the new and amazing things it can do for us.

Once in a while we need a slap in the face to realize "hey... maybe I shouldn't give ALL my personal info to Company X just because I "think" it'll be safe".

Nothing is safe, and our individual privacy is a gift; a gift people in other countries don't have and often fight and die for.

Yes, it's terribly complex.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, are you for real? Fucking christ.

Is this the new generation of anti-globalist anti-capitalist molotov-throwing mcdonalds-restaurant-window-breaking kids?

If so we should be happy. If they keep up with this trend in a few generations they'll reduce to the idiots who purposefully put false tags on youtube videos.

My opinion at least.

I agree 100%

I've never viewed their actions as malicious, but rather a wake-up call to sensibility. Technology moves so quickly; we can get swept up in all the new and amazing things it can do for us.

Once in a while we need a slap in the face to realize "hey... maybe I shouldn't give ALL my personal info to Company X just because I "think" it'll be safe".

Nothing is safe, and our individual privacy is a gift; a gift people in other countries don't have and often fight and die for.

Sorry, I disagree. Anon hasn't done much to exemplorise "fairness, common sense and reason", or sensibility either.

By acting on the basis of the end justifying the means, and having no regard for users other than being collateral damage, they have taken themselves as far away from the hero pedestal ......even the semi-hero vigilante - over to the one shared by the likes of terrorist suicide bombers labeled "DUMB AS A ROCK".

For any movement to work well, grow, and gain support, you have to act intelligently. Knowing this, Anon will not move ahead of the public's perception of them right now....an anarchic internet sub-culture full of kids. They may think they don't need any P.R. because they're fighting "the system", but they truly won't ever be taken seriously by the masses until they act smarter.

Are they serious as in can they hack and take down sites? Yea...you might be taken seriously by law enforcement agencies.
Are they serious as in a voice of the people to be listened to? No.

Let's take BART as an example. I agree that they shouldn't have blocked service to quell a protest over some screwed up BART police incidents, but what did they do?
Shut down myBART.org and deface the site with Anon logos........fine - target BART.
Release personal info for at least 2,400 of the sites 55,000 users - including names-addresses-phone numbers-email accounts - target BART how??

If they were smart, they would have released limited personal info to get the users attention - informed them of the lack of security of their info, maybe draw attention to the piss-poor job BART officers and management are doing, organize boycotts or protests or something......plenty of things could be done to get their point out WHILE gaining support.

No. Lets just piss off more people, who cares who's involved or who's impacted. Lets just act like a whining eight year old stomping his feet trying to get his way.

Think smarter and act smarter and you can gain more than one objective at a time.

Here's something Anon should do something about if they really are the "voice of fairness, common sense and reason in a world where companies can legally get away with the complete opposite of what is fair and reasonable":
People search services provide the general public with a dangerous amount of personal information about you.
Where these companies make you jump through hoops to try and get your info off their lists - or make it so you can't.

They would have my support if they could target these companies without damaging the people getting screwed.

Back