Kingston Wi-Drive Wins Best of Show at Flash Memory Summit

HardOCP News

[H] News
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced that Wi-Drive™ has been chosen by the Flash Memory Summit as a Best of Show award winner for 2011 in the Most Innovative Flash Consumer Application category. The award was handed out last night at the Flash Memory Summit Best of Show Awards event in Santa Clara, Calif.

“We are honored to have received the Best of Show award this year as Wi-Drive is truly an innovative Flash memory-based wireless solution that extends the storage capacities of Apple devices,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager. “Wi-Drive allows users to wirelessly view documents and media files, and choose to share them with others, while on the go for work or pleasure.”

Are there "wireless usb 3.0" devices like this yet? I thought this was suppose to be a part of the new standard.

So it's wireless SD card that only works with Apple products? Seems a little limiting.

Makes me wonder, since they couldn't call it an i-Drive or Apple would sue them, so they use wi-drive? What will the PC version be called..pee-drive?

Why not use a ssd in it as well? Get some real capacity going.

Back