FTC Ramping Up Pressure in Google Probe

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is never a good thing to feel pressure while you are being probed. I mean....that's what I heard anyway. :eek:

Antitrust regulators are examining key areas of Google's business in its ongoing investigation of the company, suggesting potential threats to its plans to expand its business beyond its search engine business. Federal Trade Commission lawyers have been inquiring into whether or not the Mountain View, Calif.-based company prevents smartphone makers that use its Android OS from using competitors' services.

No one is more anti competitive than Apple wrt their products.

Everybody hates Microsoft for doing this exact same thing, but everyones up in arms when it happens to google :rolleyes:

I'm still not sure how MS got in trouble for bundling less and having an easier process to use other browsers/programs than Apple, even with Apple now having a bigger market cap. I guess they must have learned from MS' mistake and hired the lobbyists before instead of after.

Simply bundling Windows Media Player and making it open files by default cost Microsoft 900million.

Yeah I think its pretty insane. I support that MS should make it easier to remove/disable which they have done...

You don't hear auto manufacturers getting fined for including remote car starters and keyless entry options?

Google? GOOGLE? What about the telecoms?

Oh, I forgot, Google doesn't pay enough in bribes and needs a good shakedown.

Fuck this country.

Fuck this country.

Google deserves to be investigated, they are every bit as bad as Microsoft ever was right now.

The telecoms do too, yes, but lets not ignore the fact Google deserves it too.

Fuck this country.

This.

None of the arguments I saw are specific to google, and Most of them are optional and can be changed if you play around enough in the settings menus or install appropriate apps freely available in the marketplace...

On the other hand, many people consider Google's techs to be some of the best. Would consumers be happy if Google sought out the worst options out there and installed them instead?

This.

None of the arguments I saw are specific to google, and Most of them are optional and can be changed if you play around enough in the settings menus or install appropriate apps freely available in the marketplace...

On the other hand, many people consider Google's techs to be some of the best. Would consumers be happy if Google sought out the worst options out there and installed them instead?

Totally irrelevant to applicable laws. Again, Microsoft in the 90's says Hello.

Back