Two Teens Arrested For Inciting Riots via Facebook

HardOCP News

[H] News
When Scotland Yard vows to track down and arrest people encouraging the riots on Facebook, they mean it.

Scotland Yard vowed to track down and arrest protesters who posted “really inflammatory, inaccurate” messages on Facebook, and now it has delivered. Two teenagers appeared in court today in connection with messages posted on Facebook allegedly encouraging people to start rioting.

I really don't care if they arrest teenagers for the riots. It was despicable.

Start cracking some skulls, these riots have been going on since the 6th. There were hundreds of tweets "bring your friends, we gonna riot and loot!".

I can understand unrest and discontent but what the rioters did in London was terrible. Burning other people's cars and buses and shops and homes and the looting. What sort of message are these rioters trying to project? We don't like laws and we want things for free? We want to burn everyone out of their homes?

Some people are fucking animals. Good on Scotland Yard for cracking down on the perpetrators.

I can understand unrest and discontent but what the rioters did in London was terrible. Burning other people's cars and buses and shops and homes and the looting. What sort of message are these rioters trying to project? We don't like laws and we want things for free? We want to burn everyone out of their homes?

Some people are fucking animals. Good on Scotland Yard for cracking down on the perpetrators.

Unfortunately, a lot of the unrest was manufactured. The media is putting a big spin on it, really. Also, quite a bit of the damage was caused in the rioter's own neighborhoods, by the rioters. The police was leashed and limp for the first few days, now they can actually get in and whack the ones causing harm to others.

In other non-related news, the citizens of Vancouver are breathing a sigh of relief at how quickly world has forgotten.

vancouver-riot-2011-crazy-asian-kid-come-at-me-bro.jpg

While these riots are just wrong and hurt people they are an unfortunate way to get people's attention. Clearly when this type of thing happens there's something just WRONG going on in your society.

While these riots are just wrong and hurt people they are an unfortunate way to get people's attention. Clearly when this type of thing happens there's something just WRONG going on in your society.

Absolutely, but that gets forgotten in the "delivery." There are some serious matters that out of whack both here and over the pond but delivering the message that there is something wrong, by creating mayhem for innocents is not the way to go.

Its always a good idea, when you get mad at other people, to burn
down your own city, neighborhood, street corner, neighbors and your own house.

That way, you can blame other for making you do it!

Ya, the logic escapes me too.

In other non-related news, the citizens of Vancouver are breathing a sigh of relief at how quickly world has forgotten.

vancouver-riot-2011-crazy-asian-kid-come-at-me-bro.jpg

I always ask, where are the parents?

Does it go like this.
Kid: "Mom I'm going with my friends to riot, see you later for dinner"
Mom: "Have a good time honey, and watch your driving."
Kid: "I'll be carefull mom, the cops won't catch us looting any stores."
Mom: "Remember the time. Don't stay out past 9 o'clock."
Kid: "Sure mom, thats planty of time to cause mayhem and destruction."

The little punk needs to get the crap beat out of him and the parents
need to listen to there kids, when there headed for trouble..

Some of the bigger retailers over here lost probably in the region of £1 million worth of stock in certain stores.

I always ask, where are the parents?

Does it go like this.
Kid: "Mom I'm going with my friends to riot, see you later for dinner"
Mom: "Have a good time honey, and watch your driving."
Kid: "I'll be carefull mom, the cops won't catch us looting any stores."
Mom: "Remember the time. Don't stay out past 9 o'clock."
Kid: "Sure mom, thats planty of time to cause mayhem and destruction."

The little punk needs to get the crap beat out of him and the parents
need to listen to there kids, when there headed for trouble..

I doubt the kids will say they're going on a riot. And there is always a chance the parents are trying to promote kids to "try new things!"

Its always a good idea, when you get mad at other people, to burn
down your own city, neighborhood, street corner, neighbors and your own house.

That way, you can blame other for making you do it!

Ya, the logic escapes me too.

They burn out all the trash and filth they dont like in their neighborhood and then later the government rebuilds, they can try and filter out all the stuff they dont like from getting built :eek:

hey worse case... even if those elements do come back... least their neighborhood doesnt look like a slum right off the bat... it'll look nice and shiny... till the local hoodlums tag everything.

As class warfare is pushed more and more to advance political agendas I think we will see more and more actions like incidents like this.

I doubt the kids will say they're going on a riot. And there is always a chance the parents are trying to promote kids to "try new things!"

My son is only 12 but I suspect I might get suspicious if he came home smelling like petrol and tear gas and carrying a 6 new pairs of sneakers and a big screen tv.

They burn out all the trash and filth they dont like in their neighborhood and then later the government rebuilds, they can try and filter out all the stuff they dont like from getting built :eek:

hey worse case... even if those elements do come back... least their neighborhood doesnt look like a slum right off the bat... it'll look nice and shiny... till the local hoodlums tag everything.

Huh? They're burning out shops and looting businesses.

It sounds like what you're advocating for is Kristallnacht.

And how the F does a neighborhood look "nice and shiny" after a goddamn riot? I'm sorry, your post really disturbs me.

My son is only 12 but I suspect I might get suspicious if he came home smelling like petrol and tear gas and carrying a 6 new pairs of sneakers and a big screen tv.

I wouldn't, he just got a job working at a gas station, saved up his money, went out and bought some things. On his way home he got attacked by a bear and had to defend himself with tear gas spray.

Pretty simple, no reason to expect the worst in all situations ... geeze!

I blame FaceBook for this. And what the hell is a Scotland Yard?

Scotland Yard, is the main office for the British police force...and I blame the council estates (Americans would know this as government provided housing, or projects) for letting the chav/townie issue get out of hand, their already a bunch of unruly foul mouthed little tossers, that need a good beating with a nightstick or riot shield.

They just need an excuse for destroying crap that's not theirs to start with, in this case a 29 year old under investigation for the last two months for gun related crimes, getting shot who would you Adam and Eve (believe) it, lived on a council estate.

You can tell your in a council estate area, when there is a car, upside down with no wheels, in a front yard, there was an area of town back home in the UK, that even the police didn't go into unless they absolutely had to.

And pretty much all the areas I have seen rioting on the map, are shit holes to start with.

And how the F does a neighborhood look "nice and shiny" after a goddamn riot? I'm sorry, your post really disturbs me.

Hey not like i am saying folks should do this crap... but folks always riot and loot when shit happens that they dont like... Rodney King anyone? They dont give a shit if it's their neighborhood or not... they see all those who have as leeches who suck money away from them. May not be right but hey it's how politics in this and other countries pound that idea into folks... workers vs owners... haves vs have-nots.

And hey not like the government is gonna let the neighborhoods look like a warzone later. They will rebuild and often the case local politicians require construction companies to hire a fixed percentage from the community. Least that's what we do here... it's mandated by the city. You have quotas for hiring locals.

Sides I read it was mostly thugs from depressed area raiding another... it was blacks who drove into those middle eastern/indian shop owners to loot and pillage. multiculturalism at work when you try and keep small ethnically pure communities together as oppose to letting immigrants get absorbed into society. those types of communities basically breeds us vs them mentalities. and minorities who have been in the area for longer periods of time resent the newcomers who seem to be making headway while they stagnate.

as for improvements after riots... may not look nice and shiney right after... but they DO rebuild and the burnt out buildings get torn down and new ones appear... more housing or shops and jobs while rebuilding. gotta look at the silver lining, cup isnt always half empty.

I live in Salford (riots on 9th August), slept with a baseball bat with me that night and work finished early

I wouldn't, he just got a job working at a gas station, saved up his money, went out and bought some things. On his way home he got attacked by a bear and had to defend himself with tear gas spray.

Pretty simple, no reason to expect the worst in all situations ... geeze!

ROFLMAO!

Yeah, sorry I guess I've become cynical in my old age. :D

I moved from the UK to Australia 8 years ago and watching the riots unfold makes me glad I did.

I can't imagine these scenes would happen in Australia or the U.S.,You'd have to be really stupid to throw a brick at a cop armed with a Glock!

I moved from the UK to Australia 8 years ago and watching the riots unfold makes me glad I did.

I can't imagine these scenes would happen in Australia or the U.S.,You'd have to be really stupid to throw a brick at a cop armed with a Glock!

That's only because violent video games are usually banned in Australia, so angry mobs have no video game training on how to go on a proper rampage. In the US, we have riots, but we gas the lot of them.

... ;)

Scotland yard should have used water cannons and rubber bullets on the first night!

I learnt my fighting skills playing chuckie egg and I am a black belt!:D

Well they have created jobs, someone needs to rebuild and clean up now.

You've havent been thru a race riot in the US... it flares up from time to time here... may not be as big as it was in London but it happens. Just need the right circumstances to lit the fuse.

And we have armed gangs here with automatic machine guns... so that glock isnt all that great of a deterrent.

That's only because violent video games are usually banned in Australia, so angry mobs have no video game training on how to go on a proper rampage. In the US, we have riots, but we gas the lot of them.

... ;)

friggin' epic :D

As class warfare is pushed more and more to advance political agendas I think we will see more and more actions like incidents like this.

this. You can see what they are doing... it's all about the agenda. More inciting of class hatred (which there ARE legit class problems right now but...) means more freedoms they can clamp down on under the guise of security.

that said... don't get me wrong, there is always part of me that giggles at rampant mayhem and destruction...seriously... HOWEVER, i would be 110% for this if they were doing something useful...like burning down and looting government buildings.

all that destruction is going to waste... don't rob your fellow man, rob from the ones that rob from you...govt.

foot in the door to shut up other people, i suspect lulzsec and others are some elaborate ruse for a more restrictive internet

Oooh, it's tin foil hat time. Fun! I'm betting 10 - 1 that Anonymous are behind it and it is part of their bigger plan to other throw the system.

no tin foil here you'd either have to

a ) live under a rock
b ) on the receiving end of this global ponzi scheme

to deny that global corruption has just exploded recently with no accountability for any of those involved.

I went to a riot in Minneapolis 2 years ago.. it was pretty badass. A couple of cars on fire and teargas. IDK what all the fuss is about.

this. You can see what they are doing... it's all about the agenda. More inciting of class hatred (which there ARE legit class problems right now but...) means more freedoms they can clamp down on under the guise of security.

that said... don't get me wrong, there is always part of me that giggles at rampant mayhem and destruction...seriously... HOWEVER, i would be 110% for this if they were doing something useful...like burning down and looting government buildings.

all that destruction is going to waste... don't rob your fellow man, rob from the ones that rob from you...govt.
“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” -Warren Buffet

+1

Those bastards should all be made to pay for the damage cost, especially for all the homes they destroyed

Back