Intel Capital Creates $300 Million Ultrabook Fund

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel Capital today announced a $300 million Ultrabook™ Fund to help drive innovation in this new category of devices. As announced at Computex earlier this year, Ultrabook systems will marry the performance and capabilities of today’s laptops with tablet-like features. Ultrabook devices will deliver a highly responsive and secure experience in a thin, light and elegant design at mainstream prices.

good:) they are one of the few who could do it..... or os intel worries cause isnt apple going to another new processor and such, the arc or something?

Found this in the article:

"There are three key phases in Intel’s strategy to accelerate its vision for this new category. The company’s efforts begin to unfold this year with Intel’s latest 2nd Generation Intel® CoreTM processors. This family of products will enable thin, light and beautiful designs that are less than 21mm (0.8 inch) thick, and at mainstream prices. Systems based on these chips will be available for the 2011 winter holiday shopping season."

Ivybridge perhaps?

good:) they are one of the few who could do it..... or os intel worries cause isnt apple going to another new processor and such, the arc or something?

you mean apple moving towards iOS running on ARM processors, like iPhone and more so, iPad?

i think that sums it up

Ultrabook crap again, huh?

So Lenovo, Intel, Apple, and third party ARM DIYers will be duking it out.

I'll be in that last group with my 240X getting literal day battery times. Not a lot of computing power, but if it can run vim, play music, decode 1080 video, do OpenGL 2.0 ES, it's good enough for a mobile for me! :D

Back