NYPD Monitoring Facebook And Twitter For Criminal Activity

HardOCP News

[H] News
Freeze scumbag, this is the NYPD! Stop your illegal Facebook profile update and back away from the computer. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say has been stored by Facebook and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney...using only 140 characters or less.

Newly named Assistant Commissioner Kevin O'Connor, one of the department's online and gang gurus, has been put in charge of the new juvenile justice unit. He and his staff will mine social media, looking for info about troublesome house parties, gang showdowns and other potential mayhem, sources said.”

Not sure how much good it will do. But probably about time. Like the video that kids posted of beating another kid on the subway. It's juvenile and bad parenting.

Right, because all tweets announcing gang activity end in #streetfight :rolleyes:

Yeah not sure how much good it will do, however if you're stupid enough to post about your illegal activities (and there certainly are plenty of those who fit that criterion) you deserve to be busted.

Yeah not sure how much good it will do, however if you're stupid enough to post about your illegal activities (and there certainly are plenty of those who fit that criterion) you deserve to be busted.

Except people are stupid enough to post their illegal activities. At which point they deserve to get caught.

I dont find this to be much of a surprise. I'm sure the police have been doing this for some time. At least the smart ones have.

Freeze scumbag, this is the NYPD! Stop your illegal Facebook profile update and back away from the computer. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say has been stored by Facebook and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney...using only 140 characters or less.

you can make a joke of it, but that pedo trolling your sis is not thinking twice.

Back