Your Co-Workers Are Killing You

HardOCP News

[H] News
The results of a twenty year study (of over eight hundred people) suggests that your co-workers are killing you. If you are at work right now, look around you at your co-workers...are you surprised? :D

The first thing the researchers discovered is that office conditions matter. A lot. In particular, the risk of death seemed to be correlated with the perceived niceness of co-workers, as less friendly colleagues were associated with a higher risk of dying. (What’s troubling is that such workplaces seem incredibly common.)

Ha and I always thought they were nice people.

I'll be watching my back now...thanks for the heads up!

I'm usually more worried about getting the common
cold from one of them, cause one of their kids
got sick in school.

During this economic situation, people are and feel trapped at their jobs not wanting to quit because they will probably not find another job in a short time. IMO when the economy turns around there will be a lot of people telling their boss's to shove it up their ass's.

Figure either by stress of by alcohol my coworkers would kill me...

During this economic situation, people are and feel trapped at their jobs not wanting to quit because they will probably not find another job in a short time. IMO when the economy turns around there will be a lot of people telling their boss's to shove it up their ass's.

Seen a number of surveys over the last year that indicates people wanting to leave thier current jobs are at an all time high.

I know I'm under paid for my current job, especially with the added responabilities I've take on over the past couple years with little or no pay increases. However, at least I have reasonable job security, it's a decent place to work, and it's a short (cheap) commute.

It's not work the risk in the current job market to be the newbe at a different job for just a few more $.

Sometimes when I unload extra cookies and cake onto my coworkers (So I don't get fat) I think to myself I am slowly killing them. All of them.

My co workers are the reason I stay at my job...we have so much fun I feel guilty getting paid...:)

I guess as a basement home office worker I would qualify as having 'little or no “peer social support”' but I like my remote coworkers. And the centipedes aren't too bad down here.

Sometimes when I unload extra cookies and cake onto my coworkers (So I don't get fat) I think to myself I am slowly killing them. All of them.
Remind me never to try your cake.

My co workers are the reason I stay at my job...we have so much fun I feel guilty getting paid...:)

That used to be how it was at the machine shop I work at. Worked there 10 years and was pretty fun the people where laid back and no one freaked out when things got crashed and scrap was made(long as it wasnt a habbit). Now we got camras all over watching and cut hours from 60+ a week to 40(split us up into 3 shifts) and we now have to run 2 machines instead of one. The pays not that great either it was always a starter shop where anyone could get a leg in the door so pay was always low. Now for what we are doing I could make almost 2X the amount I make now at other bigger shops. With the time there giving us Im going to do some more indepth learning on programming and CAD. Bust my knowledge on them then chunk the deuce.

trying to get them to do things right....yea..sure damn is killing me!

Little do they know I have been slowly killing them all. Have full access to the office kitchen/fridge during overnight shift has it's...let's say...benefits. Muhaha.

Oh shit, monitored internet!

Tell me something I don't know.

I like most of my coworkers, but there are always the few that are fingernails on a chalkboard.

Let's just say that statistically speaking he's probably going to outlive them, mmmmk?

same here :)
the life of a programmer can be nice...
yesterday we had beers at lunch, how many jobs allow you to do that?

Seen a number of surveys over the last year that indicates people wanting to leave thier current jobs are at an all time high.

I know I'm under paid for my current job, especially with the added responabilities I've take on over the past couple years with little or no pay increases. However, at least I have reasonable job security, it's a decent place to work, and it's a short (cheap) commute.

It's not work the risk in the current job market to be the newbe at a different job for just a few more $.
yet you were spouting anti-union bs in a separate thread

I actually have a co-worker in a suitcase in my closest so this may have some validity to it.

who cares about overseas, pentrol prices are going through the roof. Does anyone actually get paid more. Universal truth: You have to have friends to be insane.

I'm making more gross money than I did 4 years ago.

However, I'm making less net money than I did 4 years ago because of gas prices and HUGE tax increases in living moving from Michigan to Illinois.

God I hate Illinois, but not as much as California, and if I could get a job making a little less money, I'd move back to Michigan.

Sounds about right. At the moment I am listening to one of my idiot co-workers argue with another about how his ferrets are little more than glorified rats...

Back