The FBI's Child ID App

HardOCP News

[H] News
The FBI has a child ID app? Not sure I want to install anything made by the FBI on my phone. Could you imagine the TOS? "Downloading and installing this application waives your rights as a U.S. citizen, any property under your direct control is subject to search and seizure at any time and you hereby consent to body cavity searches upon request." Just kidding, it's probably a great app. :D

Now there's a free new tool from the FBI that can help. Our just launched Child ID app—the first mobile application created by the FBI—provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your children so that it’s literally right at hand if you need it.

Good idea for parents to have all that info when they go to the doc. but i feel this is odd coming from the FBI...

Our 5 and 11 year old plays with my iPhone all the time. I can see them play with that app too. I'll pass :-P

Sounds more like pedo bait to me. They're trying to see who out there is interested in children.

Chances of me installing anything made by the government on anything I own voluntarily....ZERO

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or anything like this, but...WTF???????? Who in their right bloody mind would EVER consider something like this?

Oh wait..its for the iPhone. nm, it all makes sense now. (Sorry, I don't hate the iPhone, I just couldn't help it..was way too easy.)

This is pretty stupid... Especially putting all your eggs in one basket.

Also kind of silly. Lots of people like looking at women. They don't break into other peoples phones to get photos of someones wife/girlfriend. It's just scare tactic crap.

Our 5 and 11 year old plays with my iPhone all the time. I can see them play with that app too. I'll pass :-P

LOL, I can see that when they are going poddy and want to take a picture for Grandma and Blammo, you go to jail for 30 years! :eek:

LOL, I can see that when they are going poddy and want to take a picture for Grandma and Blammo, you go to jail for 30 years! :eek:

After my neighbors dad went to jail from false accusations of molestation by his 12
year old grand child cause she was mad he grounded her and took all her stuff away
from her (hes taking care of his lazy deadbeat sons kids (3of them))(not my neighbors
kids another sons kids) she later confessed that he didnt do anything after he was
treated like shit for a week in jail. I try to steer clear of kids(there evil)

If you're sending a potty picture of your kid to someone named Blammo, that sounds like a fair sentence.

After my neighbors dad went to jail from false accusations of molestation by his 12
year old grand child cause she was mad he grounded her and took all her stuff away
from her (hes taking care of his lazy deadbeat sons kids (3of them))(not my neighbors
kids another sons kids) she later confessed that he didnt do anything after he was
treated like shit for a week in jail. I try to steer clear of kids(there evil)

:eek:
Making false sexual allegations at the age of only 12. Wow, there are really some seriously fucked up kids out there.

An important note: the FBI (and iTunes for that matter) is not collecting or storing any photos or information that you enter in the app. All data resides solely on your mobile device unless you need to send it to authorities. Please read your mobile provider’s terms of service for information about the security of applications stored on your device.

I'd consider it a bit paranoid to think this is some sort of data mining trap just because it's coming from a government agency.

Contrary to popular belief, no one actually goes to jail for taking pictures of their kids performing normal activities.

Back