Mount D-Tek Fuzion on a LGA1155?

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
Im thinking about upgrading from a lga775 (E8400) to a new 1155 (like a 2500k or something) and wanted to know, can I reuse my D-Tek fuzion block? is there any kind of mount kit that I can buy to make it work?

nope - but I stuck with a board that had 775 mounting on it. The EVGA P55 LE is the board I used so that I didnt have to change out my D-Tek Fuzion

Thanks for the replies, I ended up using my tapered drill bits (can't remember what there called lol) on the stock intel bracket and widening the holes to 3/16. Its not perfect, I should of gone 1 size bigger it does work and now my fuzion fits both 775 and 1156/1155 :D

Now I just need new Tim, lost my last bottle so im reusing old stuff, its "working" just not perfectly, idle temps at stock are 40c which im asuming isn't great (I could be wrong lol). So untill I can get new Tim ill just leave it stock

How'd this project turn out Ragenrok? I have a D-Tek Fuzion v1 that I am wanting to mount to 1155 also.

beautiful. My i2500k is oc'ed to 4600mhz @ 1.35v (keep in mind this is sharing a loop with my hd6950 to lol)

idles at 38c and loads at 56c under long heavy gaming sessions, very simple mod to do and works great. Should be noted though that while the 3/16 size bit i used worked, the 4 posts all pull in very slightly towards the middle as the holes arnt quite big enough to slide straight on. But if you do go wider i'd recommend using a washer on all of them to make sure the springs dont fall through as it was already getting kinda close with 3/16.

But even with is pulling all the posts slightly in the fuzion makes full contact and it isnt nearly a severe enough pull or angle to damage the motherboard (mine atleast, ymmv of course)

Last edited:
I have a 6950 (=> 6970 880/1375 as well) I don't have a waterblock for it yet but I am still researching the best option. I'm really leaning towards an MCW82.

So where does the back plate fit into all of this? Is this retention bracket only held by bolts and washers? I currently have purchased some neoprene rubber washers and I am still looking for some metal ones to go on the back side of this motherboard (Biostar TP67XE) to hold this bracket on. I'm still a little unsure how to make it all work. I am willing to take and post pictures of the process however.

I have a 6950 (=> 6970 880/1375 as well) I don't have a waterblock for it yet but I am still researching the best option. I'm really leaning towards an MCW82.

So where does the back plate fit into all of this? Is this retention bracket only held by bolts and washers? I currently have purchased some neoprene rubber washers and I am still looking for some metal ones to go on the back side of this motherboard (Biostar TP67XE) to hold this bracket on. I'm still a little unsure how to make it all work. I am willing to take and post pictures of the process however.

Im just using the stock mounting hardware. Its got a rubber washer for each bolt behind the motherboard and a rubber washer and nut for the front to hold the posts onto the motherboard. Then cpu block just slides onto the posts and you use the springs and nuts to tighten it down.

No back plates or anything needed.

Im just using the stock mounting hardware. Its got a rubber washer for each bolt behind the motherboard and a rubber washer and nut for the front to hold the posts onto the motherboard. Then cpu block just slides onto the posts and you use the springs and nuts to tighten it down.

No back plates or anything needed.

so you mounted the fuzion on 1155 without anything extra? I have a fuzion on my e8400 and thinking if getting SB/SB-e or ivy wonder if i can reuse my block.

so you mounted the fuzion on 1155 without anything extra? I have a fuzion on my e8400 and thinking if getting SB/SB-e or ivy wonder if i can reuse my block.

Only works if you have LGA 775 mounting holes on the motherboard you get.

Yup, just have to drill the holes in the intel mounting bracket bigger so that it can sllide onto the posts whie on a 1155 board since the mounting holes on 1155 are slightly farther apart that 775

Only works if you have LGA 775 mounting holes on the motherboard you get.
i'd read the entire thread lol

I put my old Dtek Fuzion on my brother-in-law's 2500k using the stock mounting hardware. The screws will just be at a slight angle to go through the retention plate, but once everything is tightened it works fine. It might not be the "proper" method, but he is getting about 7-8C lower temps on his 2500K than my 2600K with a better block.

I put my old Dtek Fuzion on my brother-in-law's 2500k using the stock mounting hardware. The screws will just be at a slight angle to go through the retention plate, but once everything is tightened it works fine. It might not be the "proper" method, but he is getting about 7-8C lower temps on his 2500K than my 2600K with a better block.

Good to know it works without moddification. I didn't trust having that much angle in the posts and widening the holes just helps to eliminate it. Glad it does work as the fuzion was and still is a great block.

Awesome thanks guys, that will drop the price of new system by at least 50-70 for me :D

Back