Corsair AirFlow Pro Display & AirFlow 2 Fan

HardOCP News

[H] News
Legit Reviews has posted a review of Corsair's AirFlow Pro Display & AirFlow 2 Fan kits. The review also includes a five minute video review for those of you that would rather watch the review as opposed to reading it.

We observed a 8C temperature decrease at idle and a 12C decrease at load with the DDR3 clock frequency set to 1600MHz. In the end the Corsair AirFlow 2 memory cooling solution proved to be worth it. If you have a tight case with a lot of hot components and limited airflow using the Corsair Airflow 2 is a really good idea.

So, how many of you have actually had your overclocks foiled by too hot RAM?

Maybe in the Rambus days, but now?

It seems to me this is a solution in search of a problem, rather than vice versa.

Back in my case modding days, I woulda thought this was cool as hell. Now, its just stupid...

I miss these to be honest, had em in 2 rig generations ago. They need to bring em back.

CorsairXMS4400-Liquid3D-12742.jpg

It's about longevity. Generally speaking, everyone knows that cooler hardware = longer life.

Given that they're seeing upwards of 8C cooler @ idle and 12C cooler under load with the AirFlow, I'd say that, for any enthusiast, since we spend so much on high-end parts as it is, that it makes it worth the rather small investment.

No, RAM doesn't get nearly as hot as your GPU or CPU, but just generally, the cooler things are, the better.

I know that, with my Dominator, even though it has hefty heatsinks, that after some hours of gaming, it does still get rather warm. The higher-end the hardware these days, the more heat is generated just in general, even motherboards themselves are getting way hotter than they used to.

So, is this cooling "necessary"? No. Would it be of any actual benefit? Well, 12C is nothing to sneeze at (an extra 53.6f cooler) which could only serve to lengthen the life of your RAM and even help keep your mobo a little cooler.

This is all just my opinion, of course, but that's how I feel about it... if you've got the cash, it's worth it at those results.

It's about longevity. Generally speaking, everyone knows that cooler hardware = longer life.

Given that they're seeing upwards of 8C cooler @ idle and 12C cooler under load with the AirFlow, I'd say that, for any enthusiast, since we spend so much on high-end parts as it is, that it makes it worth the rather small investment.

No, RAM doesn't get nearly as hot as your GPU or CPU, but just generally, the cooler things are, the better.

I know that, with my Dominator, even though it has hefty heatsinks, that after some hours of gaming, it does still get rather warm. The higher-end the hardware these days, the more heat is generated just in general, even motherboards themselves are getting way hotter than they used to.

So, is this cooling "necessary"? No. Would it be of any actual benefit? Well, 12C is nothing to sneeze at (an extra 53.6f cooler) which could only serve to lengthen the life of your RAM and even help keep your mobo a little cooler.

This is all just my opinion, of course, but that's how I feel about it... if you've got the cash, it's worth it at those results.

1.). A change in 12C = a change of 21.6F, not 53.6F. Since the farenheit scale is offset by 32 degrees, you can't use a direct temp conversion to find relative temperatures.

2.) I've overclocked the shit out of every computer I've owned since I first built my 286 in 1991. I have never had a stick of ram prematurely fail due to heat or any other reason. Have you?

Back