Microsoft Registers Microsoft-Sony.com

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft has set the internet rumor mill on fire after registering two domain names with "Sony" in them (microsoft-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com). We might as well jump on the speculation wagon too, what do you guys think this means?

The software giant has registered microsoft-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com. Both domains were registered to Microsoft through Corporation Service Company (CSC), a corporate identity protection firm. A great deal of speculation focuses on a gaming partnership between the two firms but it’s likely that the move to register the domains was simply a typical domain protection process. The company has previously registered microsoftinsider.com to protect its brand.

Last edited:
next one would be microsoft-hardocp.com :eek:

And now the mega secret reveal a co-op next gen mega console!

So how does Microsoft merge or work with Sony, whose console is in direct competition with XBox?

I guess it's supposed to imply this...but perhaps they bought them to prevent someone registering them and using the domains for something other than selling the domains to Microsoft or Sony. Some sort of anti-MS/sony site?

Why is everyone jumping on game console merger? Could just as easily (and more likely) be a marketing site for a Sony-Ericsson WP7 phone, a Sony Windows Tablet/Computer, etc..

Because Sony and Microsoft only make consoles right? RIGHT? :D

About freaking time. Sony makes great hardware but lack the software. I would buy a Sony phone and tablet in heartbeat with great software. Time to put a BIG dent in crApple products.

About freaking time. Sony makes great hardware but lack the software. I would buy a Sony phone and tablet in heartbeat with great software. Time to put a BIG dent in crApple products.

I don't know about great hardware....They do make overpriced hardware though.

Either Microsoft and Sony have a plan, or Microsoft is gonna get one hell of a lawsuit :)

It's obviously the former. MS isn't that stupid. Or Brazen. Well....

Maybe Sony took a lot more damage than people realize with the hacking scandal that they're ripe pickings for a M$ buyout! :eek:

Maybe Sony took a lot more damage than people realize with the hacking scandal that they're ripe pickings for a M$ buyout! :eek:

NEVER would pass anti-trust regulation. It's logical to assume that this could have something to due with Windows Phone and or Windows 8 tablets. Sony Ericsson was going to make Windows Phones but there were snafus over Windows Phone's XBox integration, what a shock.

atheistchristianscientol.jpg

Its for the new Sony tablets. They're gonna be the first to release Win8 tablets. I.E. new launch partner for Win8

Microsoft did not register microsoftinsider.com to protect their brand. microsoftinsider.com was a website that Microsoft ran featuring insider content on some of it's games. I know they hosted the sites for AC2, Rise of Nations, Train Simulator and a few others I don't remember.

Maybe sony is giving up on the console business and wants a partnership on the next box!:eek:

Too early to speculate

I doubt Microsoft would want to or could afford to purchase Sony

A merger would probably violate the anti-trust act

If we're taking bets, I would say its Sony making tablets that runs on Windows 8 Mobile

next one would be microsoft-hardforum.com
LOL
just joking, guys.....I hope it won't happen

J.gif
f.gif

Update: There are now driving cars (those funny looking new morris mini coopers), around Copenhagen Denmark, with Sony-Ericsson logo's and ads on one side, and Microsoft Office on the other side of the car....

Update: There are now driving cars (those funny looking new morris mini coopers), around Copenhagen Denmark, with Sony-Ericsson logo's and ads on one side, and Microsoft Office on the other side of the car....

AMAZING I can now create spreadsheets while watching my reality shows...IN 3-D! And save it to the cloud using an internet 2.0 browser! It will be game-changing! :rolleyes:

Back