GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard posted at Legit Reviews today that is definitely worth checking out. Here's a quote to get you started:

If we were to look at strictly the performance of the GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3, I would have no complaints. Unfortunately, I can't look past what I feel are short comings of the Z68X-UD7-B3. It seems to me, that GIGABYTE took the P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard, slapped the Intel Z68 chipset on it and called it good. The problem with doing that is that it pretty much leaves out the features that separate Intel Z68 chipset from the P67 chipset.

It's amazing. I've been saying this for months and got virtually ridiculed by the apologist crowd who's world would turn upside down if they realized that Z68 was a poor idea or maybe even a scam.

I would say that Intel created the Z68 to take the focus away from their mishap with P67.
As such, they only gave it really mismatched features that simply don't belong together.

And the boards based on Z68 seem to imply this even more, not even including the features of Z68 in them!

It's as if Gigabyte thinks they can sell this board on the name alone, which IS a huge scam. My take is that they realize that Z68 was poorly designated in the first place, and such features have no reason of being mingled.

So who do you blame Intel? Gigabyte? AMD? The supper you ate last night? Not like the world is gonna blow up over a chipset, dude. Life goes on.

Z68 was planned since the release of P67, well before the SATA transistor gate problem was ever detected. As for Z68 being used to take the attention away from the problems with P67, just look at all Z68 boards. They're all the B3 spin which indicates that they were caught up in the same trans problem as P67.

The argument should be, why did Intel even bother with P67 to begin with? Onboard video and SSD caching offer little to some enthusiasts, but if the chipset offers these features along with the OC'ing of P67, it's a shame to not implement it them. The only reason I would be concerned about these features personally is when my gaming system gets demoted to server duty in a couple years.

Back