Google Opened Google+ Invites Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
Didn't get a Google+ invite the first time around? No worries, the company opened invites again so you might get lucky this time.

As Engineering Director of Google+, I wanted to take a moment to explain why we're growing the system slowly. First, we want to make sure our infrastructure scales so the service remains fast and reliable. Second, we want to ensure that bugs are fixed while there are still a relatively few people in the field trial.

Why are they bucking typical trends and not releasing garbage and a whole slew of painful required updates like everyone else. I think a investigation is in order and maybe a lawsuit.

A friend of mine sent me an invite, but its still saying im not invited..
.lame..

It's not really worth it anyways. Nothing special besides the circles feature which Facebook really dropped the ball on.

Why are they bucking typical trends and not releasing garbage and a whole slew of painful required updates like everyone else. I think a investigation is in order and maybe a lawsuit.

How dare they. If I can't get my daily dose of corporate S&M i'll take my business elsewhere. :p

Seeing the same thing here. With the response they got initially I could see them having exceeded capacity already.

A friend of mine sent me an invite, but its still saying im not invited..
.lame..
Note that the invite is not the important thing. Rather than having a set number of invites, Google+ instead limits the number of sign-ups. Therefore, it depends how soon you sign up when it's open rather than if/when you were sent the invite.

I must suck worse since I don't have friends to send me one :|

Me either, well none of my friends are in to invite me. Stupid exclusivity. :cool:

Can't I just get into this already. My data mine levels are low this month.
Come on!!! Data mine me [H]ard....

Can't I just get into this already. My data mine levels are low this month. Come on!!! Data mine me [H]ard....
Good call, just put it all out there man!

I've often found that most effective response to snoops trying to pry into my personal life is to open my shutters and start swinging my penis around like a helicopter rotor.

Google is pretty good with the artificial scarcity thing, but after a while people become tolerant of it and just don't care.

As irritating as it is to not be able to invite everyone in at once, it is obvious that they are still testing the system... sometimes things are slow, or are broken (e.g., last night Hangout kept crashing). So I understand them wanting to iron out these bugs before they get inundated with an overwhelming number of complaints.

I still hope they hurry up though :)

Well I tried again and I got in yesterday. If someone wants an invite bad enough to share their email with me, send me a PM. I won't paste it on 4chan, I swear :D

Back