World's First Mini-ITX Board with VIA Nano X2 E-Series Dual Core CPU

HardOCP News

[H] News
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA EPIA-M900 Mini-ITX board, the world’s first Mini-ITX board to feature a VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual core processor. Combining a high-performance 1.6GHz 64-bit VIA Nano X2 E-Series processor with the VIA VX900 unified all-in-one media system processor, the VIA EPIA-M900 delivers a highly optimized platform that boasts comprehensive HD video performance, HD audio and HDMI support in a compact, power-efficient package.

My old via epia has all the same features minus the dual core and graphics, The could have at least offered sata ports.

There was a time VIA had mini ITX all to itself. Those $150+ very low spec boards must have been very profitable to produce. Someone needs to tell VIA those days are over. ;)

VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA EPIA-M900 Mini-ITX board, the world’s first Mini-ITX board to feature a VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual core processor. Combining a high-performance 1.6GHz 64-bit VIA Nano X2 E-Series processor with the VIA VX900 unified all-in-one media system processor, the VIA EPIA-M900 delivers a highly optimized platform that boasts comprehensive HD video performance, HD audio and HDMI support in a compact, power-efficient package.

Sounds promising but how well does it scroll through MediaBrowser with backdrops? Even the Intel Atom chokes on that. That's the number one reason I cannot go with this otherwise awesome ultra-cool, ultra-low power fanless solutions.

Am I right in think that Via's days are numbered now that everyone is making low powered CPUs?

This needed to be PicoITX before I would care. mITX is verging on standard fare, already. Even AM3's monsterous bracket made it through.

Back