GTA IV iCEnhancer 1.2.5 BETA

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here is a video of the GTA IV iCEnhancer 1.2.5 BETA we mentioned earlier today. Very impressive stuff and, the best part is, it worked the first time and didn't take four and a half hours to install. :D

wow that looks nice. Freaking consoles holding stuff behind

I wonder how well it does while actually playing the game and getting into a huge gun fight with the feds/military and there is massive explosions going on. Also can you imagine the loading times cause last time I played any GTA games (ps2 era) the reason for the lower graphics was because it was an open world game and they wanted to limit the amount of loading screens.

Reading the You Tube comments seems like I should give it a go...

I love stuff like this.
I have been looking for an excuse to play GTAIV again. I'ts pretty cool to take an old game that you enjoyed off the dusty shelf and re install it with all of the cool mods.

Hope this is out soon.

Eh... while sure looks nice, the fact of the matter is I (and I'm sure others) tend to get tunnel vision while playing games like this, so all these added things aren't really noticed.

Also WTF was with that music, I wanted to shoot myself (and yes instead of turning my speakers off:p)

Ever since the latest or next-to-latest patch, GTAIV has run like utter shit for me. Before those patches it ran flawlessly on max settings. Even with the new features turned off (night shadows or whatever it is they added) it still runs like crap.

The idea of such a huge open world is pretty cool, until you realize the only thing to do in it is to run from the cops.

They need a huge world like this and give it multiplayer!

The idea of such a huge open world is pretty cool, until you realize the only thing to do in it is to run from the cops.

You'd never find anyone!

Huge world?

Wasn't the San Andreas world larger?
Granted not as graphically there, but still pretty damn large.

So what are the requirements to run this?
And does it take away all the annoying pop in and crap??????

Boards of Canada!!! w00t!

Could have picked a better song by them, but still great to see them used!

Also, this makes me kick myself in the ass for buying the 360 version....I would pick it up cheap on the PC if I hadn't bought the Collectors Edition for the 360, lol

Can somebody explain how IVY and Z68 can even be mentioned together.

A. z68=socket 2055

B x79=socket 2011

Am I missing anything here because if you need IvyBridge(X79/2011) to support PCI-E 3.0 how can u put it on a board that dosent support PCI-E 3.0 SandyBridge(Z68/1055)

I just installed gta IV on my system. I am playing on three monitors, I wonder if i could run this on multi monitors?

Yeah GTAIV was pretty disappointing from a gameplay perspective. GTAIV had a pretty good campaign, but after that there's not much to do. You could do so much more in all the GTA games before it. I remember someone made a list of features that were available in San Andreas/Vice City but not in GTA4, and it was a full page.

Basically GTA4 took itself too seriously, and seemed to have less zany fun.

Yeah GTAIV was pretty disappointing from a gameplay perspective. GTAIV had a pretty good campaign, but after that there's not much to do. You could do so much more in all the GTA games before it. I remember someone made a list of features that were available in San Andreas/Vice City but not in GTA4, and it was a full page.

Basically GTA4 took itself too seriously, and seemed to have less zany fun.

Well, SA was building on the original GTA3 and VC, and used a polished version of the same engine (at least it looked that way). You could argue that they had enough to deal with building on a new engine, but at the risk of sounding cynical, I'm sure there's also a financial benefit to stripping out features and letting the eye candy sell IV, and then adding them back in to sell follow up titles.

It happens all the time. Look at The Sims, expansion packs out the wazzoo, then a new version comes along and it's back to the base game.

Wow. the colors are like it's a movie from the 60s. Really great stuff.

Does this actually work with the 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.7 patch that everyone who bought the game on Steam has? Kinda sick of failed attempts to mod this game only to have it crap out.

I don't know.. the brightness in the after picture needs to be toned way down. Otherwise I think I like the before better... however I didn't realize it was that blurry looking.

I kind of have to agree. Brighter does not always mean better; I've messed with ENB configs before and I know that the right balance is usually something along the lines of more toned colors along with the FPS killing SSAO and reflections of course. :)

Does this actually work with the 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.7 patch that everyone who bought the game on Steam has? Kinda sick of failed attempts to mod this game only to have it crap out.

Nope, apparently not. So it basically does take four and a half hours to install seeing as you have to uninstall your game and downgrade to an older version before you can use it.

This gives me hope for just how good a GTAV or VI could potentially be on our next-generation of consoles/PCs. Some scenes looked pretty surreal. Particularly, those that were zoomed out and looking from above.

Nope, apparently not. So it basically does take four and a half hours to install seeing as you have to uninstall your game and downgrade to an older version before you can use it.

And if you use Steam, you're basically screwed, right? :rolleyes:

Update: I just found some information about downgrading using Steam. Looks like it should work...

1. Download the 1.0.4.0 patch - I got mine from here. Install the patch over 1.0.7.0.

2. Download RGSG (a Rockstar Social Group tool) from here. Do not run yet!

3. Find your GTAIV folder (usually Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) and rename it to something else - failure to rename your original folder will result in you having to re-install the game.

4. Run the RGSG tool - this will create a GTAIV folder.

5. Copy the contents from the GTAIV folder into the folder you renamed in step 3 (your original GTA folder).

6. Rename the folder you changed in step 3 back to GTAIV.

7. Install the mod and run the game

Link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23441022&postcount=4

Back