Download The Declaration

Every year, on the 4th of July, I like to post this link to the U.S. archives that hosts high resolution copies of the Declaration of Independence, high resolution scans of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and other documents as well. The large images will print at up to approximately 24" wide by 29" high at 150dpi.

Awesome - thanks for doing this.

I wish more people serving in our goverment would read these documents and follow them.

Awesome - thanks for doing this.

I wish more people serving in our goverment would read these documents and follow them.

Why would they want to do that? It's some much easier to pass ridiculous laws and plead ignorance! :D

I wonder when they are gonna make a new one since this one is now longer followed

*Que Soapbox*

The birth of this union brings to my eyes. I hope one day that we conquer the world.

Man, the declaration of independence is a supremely inspiring document. Thanks for the linkage, Steve.

150dpi, come on, really?
We can do better than that on our history

How about 600dpi to start?

Every citizen should have to read and memorize The Declaration. Too often it is quoted falsely (Hello Sarah Palin).

Ha, you should try taking this to Wal-Mart and see if they make you sign a copyright waiver to print it :)

On a more serious note, I have an app on my phone that has the US Constituion broken down into sections. Good stuff to read when your sitting around. Some people get the bible apps....I get the Constitution.

It's amazing how much the times have changed in the 235 years since then, roughly 3-4 family generations. That's just a drop in the bucket compared to the reign of ancient kingdoms out there.

This should be required reading for every US citizen. The real question is, how to get the modern day politicians to take these documents seriously.

I've downloaded them. They are in my flash drives, phone, email, all PCs, etc.

Suck it up! It's our rights!

This should be required reading for every US citizen. The real question is, how to get the modern day politicians to take these documents seriously.

For most of us, it IS required reading when we are in school. Unfortunately, most of us are too immature, at that age, to fully comprehend the importance of our founding documents.

Let's face it: History, government, and economics got treated like second-class, er, classes in high school. All of the focus is on passing standardized tests. There is a log of math and grammar on those tests. There isn't a lot of the 'civics' based courses.

Maybe it is easier to keep the public bamboozled when they are ignorant of our history, how our government works, and how economics affects nearly every aspect of our lives.

:(

Carefull, the government needs to restrict 'freedom' to protect you from the terrorists!

If they find you in possesion of such radical literature they may flag you as a dissident or stick you in an orange jumpsuit!

And yet this is what Mainstream Media is ordered to put out to the public.

time.jpg

Remember that when you read or watch Mainstream News. The Supreme Court says that News Agencies are not required to tell you the truth so why should they?

Carefull, the government needs to restrict 'freedom' to protect you from the terrorists!

The terrorists are more afraid of me than they'd ever be of the government, and the government is more afraid of me than it is the terrorists. The terrorists blow you up or shoot you in the name of Allah. The government just sloshes water on your face and puts you in Club Gitmo with three square meals and a prayer rug with a sign pointing toward Mecca.

Me? I bite.

Hard.

It's amazing how much the times have changed in the 235 years since then, roughly 3-4 family generations. That's just a drop in the bucket compared to the reign of ancient kingdoms out there.

Check out this chart from The Economist - http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/06/quantifying-history

As "no duh" as it seems with population growth over time, it is still amazing to consider that "Measured in years lived, the present century, which is only ten years old, is already "longer" than the whole of the 17th century."

Why has it been photoshopped to say "You give up all rights to the government. Bend over and spread for The Cock of the Republic"???

One of my top five quotes is from Ben Franklin himself:

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"

Fuck that is so disrespectfull.

Anyone who wants to do away with the Constitution, Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence, beware of them.
Those who seek absolute control over people try to influence this type of thought.

Any kind of change come with consequences, good or bad. When dealing with man(people), it's generally bad.

I'm a big fan of the first ten amendments. Makes me sad that a lot of people think the second amendment grants the right to keep and bare arms. ;)

Back