Sony Faces Jittery Shareholders After Cyberattack

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sony's CEO is clearly still in denial. How Stringer can say that Sony's brand perception is "improving" is beyond me, I honestly can't remember a time when the company's reputation has been worse than it is now.

Stringer said at an annual shareholders meeting held at a Tokyo hotel that as many as 90 percent of subscribers have come back since the Japanese company began restoring service last month. "Our brand perception, you'll be happy to know, is clearly improving again," he told a less-than-happy crowd.

Wow..and I thought Apple had a reality distortion field. This guy has a self contained one that makes apple look honest.

Uh no....you guys got it all wrong. He HAS to deliver that message to the share holders otherwise they'd bail and public perception would plummet further. Politics isn't the only business of lies, business is worse. :(

Uh no....you guys got it all wrong. He HAS to deliver that message to the share holders otherwise they'd bail and public perception would plummet further. Politics isn't the only business of lies, business is worse. :(

exactly

Since only 4 million of his pay is straight cash, and 6 million is stock options it makes sense that he would want the stockholders not to sell and lower the price.

Since only 4 million of his pay is straight cash, and 6 million is stock options it makes sense that he would want the stockholders not to sell and lower the price.

Wow, only $4M. Where's the welfare bus?

Acknowledging your mistake, will be the biggest mistake you'll ever make. If shareholders are unsure, then that's better then them being sure.

Hope a lot of them bail and Sony learns a big lesson. These huge companies need to learn tha profits aren't a right and they can't keep screwing their customers.

oh, by the way, the only way we got 90% of the users to return was because we gave them some free games.

The other 10% sold their consoles and they're sitting on the shelves at gamestop. In the meantime, console sales are down because, uh, the recession.

/Stringer

"Our brand perception, you'll be happy to know, is clearly improving again,"
I guess if a lot of people shit in an outhouse. the pile of shit will come back to the top and then have to be cleaned out again.. Just sayin.:D

I think people confuse the perception of Sony by the average person and the perception of Sony by the hardcore nerds like us.

"Our brand perception, you'll be happy to know, is clearly improving again," he told a less-than-happy crowd.

sony's image is probably at least 6 times as good as it was several weeks ago :D

(6 times zero = zero);)

Sony is a really big company and I'm sure will survive this. However they are obviously going to feel some pain for awhile.

Where are all the pundits and fanbois who spun Sony's woes as just a bad quarter?

I see supporters of the "hacktivists" are posting in full force while they still can! If they said it was doing bad, they'd lose even more supporters, welcome to business.

Sony -is- learning. Stringer likely forced through a lot of hard decisions. It takes time to turn a ship around.

What was he supposed to say?

"Guys, this did it. It's been fun but we are going to go out of business"

It's obvious they were going to have a bad couple of quarters but he is indeed right. They had a non scripted public apology at E3, paid for millions of peoples identity theft protection, had the Welcome Back package and basically kicked the hell out of Microsoft at E3. They had a very strong showing so the brand perception is "improving".

Especially since Sony has now not been the only ones hacked, if it was just them then maybe but overall they had a good bounce back as opposed to everyone else that has been targeted in 2011.

Back