AMD Redesign Means Big Win for Healthcare

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD and Barco are working together to help address the healthcare community’s IT mandates, whether it be prolonging the life of older technology, or undertaking a redesign of existing graphics cards in response to customer requests. The bottom line – we are committed to providing the best visual experience possible for the radiological community. With the recent launch of the MXRT-5450 from Barco, based on the AMD FirePro™ V5800 DVI professional graphics card, we’ve proved this, and we’re helping healthcare professionals better serve their patients.

I cringe everytime i see anything about "professional" grade cards, a much much much higher profit margin product im sure, support included.

I work in a hospital, I see docs view MRI's and digital Xray images all the time, and the most common platform they use? an Ancient HP pos with a Pentium 4 processor and integrated graphics. its all done from a server that requires no fancy video card to view, just a front end program to display the prerendered file.

good luck selling these cards to most hospitals....

I work in a hospital, I see docs view MRI's and digital Xray images all the time, and the most common platform they use? an Ancient HP pos with a Pentium 4 processor and integrated graphics. its all done from a server that requires no fancy video card to view, just a front end program to display the prerendered file.

good luck selling these cards to most hospitals....

Yup, just need a quality monitor to see all the levels of gray. Viewing angles help when there are 15 residents huddled around one 24" screen with the attending rapidly explaining it and moving on.

Back