Man Creates App For Cheaters

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some dude in Florida has created an app for cheaters called CATE (Call and Text Eraser). The funny part? The app creator is a cop. :eek:

The app can intercept calls and text messages from certain contacts and store those records within the application. The app is, of course, password-protected so that only the user can unlock the hidden messages.

He's going to feel like an ass when he finds out drug dealers, pimps and crooks are using his app to keep their contacts safe from cops.

Probably based on sql lite. They should have no issue getting someone to crack his app.

What is buried in the EULA is that all the hidden messages are stored on a central DB; after a certain threshold is reached, the app sends you a message requiring a $25/month fee otherwise those messages get released to all your contacts. :D

I actually thought about making this app until the task sceduling program app came out that could do anything you wanted. There is money to be made here. The only thing is if your app is popular then everyone will know about it and your SO could see the app and think/know something is up.

Don't know why this a surprise. Cops are some of the biggest cheaters on the planet. Not to talk bad about them, it just how things are.

Cheating is for disgusting slimeballs, but its not illegal...

If you are married, it probably should be...

He's going to feel like an ass when he finds out drug dealers, pimps and crooks are using his app to keep their contacts safe from cops.

Maybe that was his original intention!

But regardless, good thinking!

Zarathustra[H];1037429486 said:
Cheating is for disgusting slimeballs, but its not illegal...

If you are married, it probably should be...

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.

I am. A marriage is a legal binding document where - among other things - you promise to be faithful.

All the hurtful affects on a marriage aside, at the very least its a civil violation of contract case.

The fact that cheating is somehow tolerated in our society disgusts me.

I feel like there definitely ought to be consequences for the slime who feel that kind of behavior is OK.

i'm a bit surprise that a cop can have the technical prowess to develop an app. Are app that easy to make these days that anyone (even a cop) can do it?

Zarathustra[H];1037429612 said:
I am. A marriage is a legal binding document where - among other things - you promise to be faithful.

All the hurtful affects on a marriage aside, at the very least its a civil violation of contract case.

I feel like there definitely ought to be consequences for the slime who feel that kind of behavior is OK.

And if they don't promise to be faithful in their vows?

Also, legslating the idea of being "nice" to people is retarded on so many levels. It's my right to be a lying greedy prick self-centered if I choose to. Now, you might face negative pushback from people in general, or be despised and whatnot, but that's about it.

You can keep those dictator ideals to yourself. Government has no right in private affairs. I know it's wrong for some, but not for all. Sex is nothing more than a primitive act and is completely natural. Only when religion was invented did sex become an act that was associated with love. Love is about someone you can spend you life with and not hesitate to give you life for. Sex is a physical need, nothing more.

Says a man. Ask a woman what she thinks. :D

That's because it's been beat into their heads for thousands of years by religious influences. I thought the same until I became an atheist and debated people so called morals. Ask nature the same thing.

You can keep those dictator ideals to yourself. Government has no right in private affairs. I know it's wrong for some, but not for all. Sex is nothing more than a primitive act and is completely natural. Only when religion was invented did sex become an act that was associated with love. Love is about someone you can spend you life with and not hesitate to give you life for. Sex is a physical need, nothing more.

What a very black and white way to look at a very gray matter...

I agree with the poster above. If you break that trust which makes the relationship possible (at a very fundamental level)... your a slimebag. Even more so if you enter into a binding contract (marriage).

With the exception of both parties being open to seeking sex outside the relationship.

"Love" typically requires trust, which you can't have when you're stuck in a relationship with above mentioned slimbag. It's a wonder how people trust anyone at all with some of the socially retarded (or maybe I should say regressive...) apps/websites dedicated to cheating out there...

What a very black and white way to look at a very gray matter...

I agree with the poster above. If you break that trust which makes the relationship possible (at a very fundamental level)... your a slimebag. Even more so if you enter into a binding contract (marriage).

With the exception of both parties being open to seeking sex outside the relationship.

"Love" typically requires trust, which you can't have when you're stuck in a relationship with above mentioned slimbag. It's a wonder how people trust anyone at all with some of the socially retarded (or maybe I should say regressive...) apps/websites dedicated to cheating out there...

I was tolling on behalf of the swingers. if you are in a monogamous relationship, it should be keep that way, but there are people who wife swap that the guy was including into his ideals.

Surely if you see this app on your spouses phone you can just assume they are cheating on you.

if he's smart, v2 of the app will include changing it's icon & name so a spouse won't see it.

damn I should trademark the idea now!

Surely if you see this app on your spouses phone you can just assume they are cheating on you.

I laughed reading this... because the first thing that ran through my head was "This is dumb, because if I found this on my wife's phone... the first thing that would come to mind was DIVORCE!".

if he's smart, v2 of the app will include changing it's icon & name so a spouse won't see it.

damn I should trademark the idea now!

That already exists in his app. I doubt he took it off the list of installed apps though (for people who want it removed)...

i would have thought something like this would have long been created

I thought "Adultery" and "Alienation of Affection" were legal terms.

What disgusts me are self righteous twits who are too short sighted and narrow minded to see outside of their own little worlds of black and white. Yes, a marriage is a contract, in some places it's a contract that is flawed from the beginning.

France recently removed adultery as automatic grounds for divorce, Australia did it ages ago. This likely won't ever happen in the US since divorce is big business but there is always hope we'll forget out puritanical roots.

Having another sexual partner can cause great harm or no harm at all for a relationship. There are too many variables to make sweeping judgements about right and wrong. Who the hell is anyone to judge what others do in such a fashion.

The morality police should all fuck off and die.

How much do you want to bet he's put a built in backdoor for just such a scenario?

After all, he is a cop. :D

Back