LulzSec Releases Arizona Law Enforcement Data

HardOCP News

[H] News
LulzSec has just released a bunch of law enforcement data stolen from the Arizona Department of Public Safety. When has "hacking the police" ever been a good idea? :rolleyes:

"We are releasing hundreds of private intelligence bulletins, training manuals, personal e-mail correspondence, names, phone numbers, addresses and passwords belonging to Arizona law enforcement," the group said in a statement on its site. "We are targeting AZDPS specifically because we are against SB1070 and the racial-profiling anti-immigrant police state that is Arizona."

lol they are going to release passwords!

I work for the government (that deals with law enforcement) some of the db passwords are scary!

But nothing new, my last job I worked for a Physicians group with a HUGE EMR system and tons of integrated systems. Many DB passwords were insane and generic (used by all)

Your information is NOT secure let me tell you.

Shit, SB1070 seems like a good thing. Let me guess, they are Mexican aren't they?

O.k., I used to live in AZ.. Lulzsec now needs to die 1000 deaths.

Can I have the first shot/swing/punch/kick to the groin of these freaks?

I live in AZ and was not aware we turned into a police state. I thought that was more a description of States where you can't carry guns concealed, or where you can't video tap police from front yards.

My son is half Hispanic, I guess I better go hide him in the attic so the police don't come round him up.

Ok this is slightly disconcerning... I have a family member who is a seargent in with the Phoenix police, so this kind of hits home. They are going to accmoplish absolutely NOTHING by releasing information about DPS officers, if they really want to prove a point they should be targeting the politicians making the laws, not the grunts enforcing them. They are going to feel one hell of a back lash from this pointless campaign if they keep pushing this.

ZenDragon makes a good point. I don't condone what they did at all but if they wanted to be more "effective" they should have hacked the lawmakers' accounts and database. That was probably too difficult so they took the easier route. Losers.

One again Arizona makes news for something positive! :p

The least they could've released was the state economics. I'd love to know where my tax money is going since it requires 4 wheel drive *in* town.

Really? Arizona? Go bother Iran or some other militant Islamic state and expose the hilarity of their shit first.

It's not like the US doesn't offer legal citizenship, just get in line with everyone else. If you are going to skip then your ass deserves to be kicked to the back. It's not like people should be rewarded when they circumvent the will of the country. :rolleyes:

I live in AZ and was not aware we turned into a police state. I thought that was more a description of States where you can't carry guns concealed.

I think you mean "state." Illinois will be the only one left after Wisconsin signs it into law this year.

Is this even a remotely smart move? I mean doesn't this kinda of narrow down the field of where these guys might be living? Im pretty sure if they were from Europe of some other country they wouldn't care about AZ immigration laws. Anyone else think this might be the first step to a stumbling fall for them? or am i on my own in thinking this way?

I really wonder how idealistic LulzSec is or if hacks like this are more opportunistic and then backed by some political justification.

I now feel ashamed of myself that I didn't mind too much what they were doing. I mind them releasing personal info quite a bit. Releasing intelligence info and other materials that could jeopardize a police offices safety is going way too far. Now I want to see them all go to jail.

It's not like the US doesn't offer legal citizenship, just get in line with everyone else. If you are going to skip then your ass deserves to be kicked to the back. It's not like people should be rewarded when they circumvent the will of the country. :rolleyes:

While I do agree with this sentiment, the problem is that the "line" is an idiotic system that can take 30 years or more to get to the front. So yes, get in line and hope you don't die by the time you get to the front because the horribly inefficient process is broken.

Our illegal immigration problem is both because of the broken politics around it, and we have the worlds biggest land border with the biggest economic disparity between countries. (2,000 mile border, US GDP/capita $45,989, MX GDP/capita $8,143)

While I'll admit to not particularly following all the brew Haha going on in Arizona about there immigration issues, I'm fairly certain that there are not anti immigration. They are anti Illegal immigration. Why do so many people confuse the two?

This is what's going to get them caught.

Not by any law enforcement cyber crime security team; they're all totally inept.
But instead by real hackers who will take them down for actually putting lives in jeopardy instead of hacking shit 'for the lulz'.

Chinga La Migra just ruined their fun.

While I'll admit to not particularly following all the brew Haha going on in Arizona about there immigration issues, I'm fairly certain that there are not anti immigration. They are anti Illegal immigration. Why do so many people confuse the two?

Ignorance plain and simple. They don't think about the concept they think immigration is a negative thing, but when you think about it that is how this country grew back in the 1800s LEGAL immigration. Ellis Island anyone?

I now feel ashamed of myself that I didn't mind too much what they were doing. I mind them releasing personal info quite a bit. Releasing intelligence info and other materials that could jeopardize a police offices safety is going way too far. Now I want to see them all go to jail.

Releasing drug informats info (as the said reports contain) is just sheer irresponsibility. If anyone gets hurt, they could be facing manslaughter charges (added to the list of hacking offenses)

Ignorance plain and simple. They don't think about the concept they think immigration is a negative thing, but when you think about it that is how this country grew back in the 1800s LEGAL immigration. Ellis Island anyone?

I think the problem they have is that there is no way from telling by looking at a person driving a car if they are an illegal immigrant, or an immigrant at all. If I was a Hispanic US citizen living in Arizona I would be pretty pissed that they can pull me over and suspect me of being here illegally because my skin is brown.

Shit, SB1070 seems like a good thing. Let me guess, they are Mexican aren't they?

I still don't understand why everyone is up in arms about this. Illegal immigration is a HUGE problem in the United States especially in Arizona and California. As an immigrant you're required by federal law to keep correct documentation with you at all times. Federal police are obviously not enforcing this law because well we have a crap ton of illegal immigrants in this country. The law wanted to give the power to the state and give the police the same power to ask for correct documentation. However, if anyone were to read the law, they could only ask for said documentation only after the person has committed a crime. I'm sorry but we must do something to reduce illegal immigrants because they are costing states millions of dollars. It seems in this day and age a simple question is racial discrimination.

if you cross the north Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

if you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

if you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

if you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

if you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

if you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

if you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

if you cross the Mexican border illegally you will be jailed for two years [first offense, 2nd 6 yrs]

if you cross the US border illegally you get:

* a job,
* a drivers license,
* social security card,
* welfare,
* food stamps,
* credit cards,
* subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
* free education,
* free health care,
* a lobbyist in Washington
* billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language
* the right to carry your country's flag while you protest that you don't get enough respect
* and, in many instances, you can vote.

It definitely needs to stop.

if you cross the north Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

if you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

if you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

if you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

if you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

if you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

if you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

if you cross the Mexican border illegally you will be jailed for two years [first offense, 2nd 6 yrs]

I understand that we shouldn't be coddling illegal immigrants, but I never get why people want to compare our policy with shitbag countries like North Korea and Saudi Arabia. Setting the bar a bit low, are we? :rolleyes:

If you're a woman wants to go to school in Afghanistan, you get acid thrown in your face. If you're a woman in the US who wants to go to school you get:

*education
*scholarships
*student loans
*housing

;)

They are going to accmoplish absolutely NOTHING by releasing information about DPS officers, if they really want to prove a point they should be targeting the politicians making the laws, not the grunts enforcing them.

I watched a movie one time, and an army officer said, "Hey you, put those guys in the oven!", at least that's what I think he said. See, I had a hard time understanding it as the film was grainy, and the narration was in German. I felt it was wrong that the soldiers eventually got punished for gassing all of those people, after all, they were just following orders :(

Really though, I don't forgive people for being asshats, because "it's the law".

If you're a woman wants to go to school in Afghanistan, you get acid thrown in your face. If you're a woman in the US who wants to go to school you get:

*education
*scholarships
*student loans
*housing

;)
If you want to compare being female to being a criminal, sure. Perfectly valid comparison.

I'm comparing the absurdity of comparing US policies to the policies of 3rd world hellholes. But if thats where you want to go for inspiration, more power to ya.

Because Illegal immigration, in the USA at least, is a myth brought about by people who's ancestors immigrated illegally and then had the gall to claim that nobody could follow in their footsteps

Its not even the illegal immigration in Arizona anymore that made them create some "aggressive" laws, its the murders of our own US citizens from the drug cartels taking over Arizona...Seriously LulzSec?

And yes, the legal way to get into the US is slow, but its still a law that should be obeyed. I'm sick of paying for illegal immigrants health care, homes, cars, and education through college! I can't even get a free ride and I've lived here all my life.

Not going to enter the political debate about SB1070.

But it seems to be a pretty big jump from hacking Sony et al "for the lulz" to hacking a law enforcement system "because we are against SB1070 and the racial-profiling anti-immigrant police state."

Quit bothering us. Turn the LOIC toward China/Iran and do something useful.

Someone already stated that one of the passwords was 12345.

Apparently, they already released it on thepiratebay. Of course, I wouldn't download it. I am not sure if that would be committing a felony.

"That's amazing. I've got the same combination on my luggage!"

I hope they hack every govt database on the planet. We are not children, secrets do not need to be kept from us.

I wonder if they took the time to filter through what they released to avoid exposing sensitive victim information? I doubt it. Doubt these shitbags thought through the implications of their actions and of the effect they would have on innocent folks. That blanket purpose statement reels of adolescent idealism dribbled with zero accountability security. Some good may come of it if it exposes the dangerous person hiding in the midst of good folks, but not at the potential cost of ruining an innocent person or child's life more than being victims of something atrocious.

They need to be taken down, hard.

Its not even the illegal immigration in Arizona anymore that made them create some "aggressive" laws, its the murders of our own US citizens from the drug cartels taking over Arizona...Seriously LulzSec?

Arizona crime rates are at their lowest since 1965. Seems the drug cartels are doing a pretty shitty job taking over.

I think the problem they have is that there is no way from telling by looking at a person driving a car if they are an illegal immigrant, or an immigrant at all. If I was a Hispanic US citizen living in Arizona I would be pretty pissed that they can pull me over and suspect me of being here illegally because my skin is brown.

I don't know how this lie has been spread. Well I know President Obama is in fault to blame, because his description of the law made it sound like this is the case as well. NO they can't pull you over because of the color of your skin. YES they can ask you for documentation if they pull you over for running a red light. YES they can already ask you for documentation if they pull you over for running a red light by FEDERAL LAW. The big change here is that if they pull you over for running a red light and they SUSPECT you are an illegal immigrant, they now MUST ask you for documentation instead of having the OPTION to ask you for documentation. SB1070 is 16 pages. Read it.

Back