Virus Let's "Ugly" People Join Beautiful People Site

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why anyone would want to join a lame site dedicated to "beautiful" people is beyond me but this computer virus evened up the odds for a while. All total, over 30,000 accounts made by "ugly" people had to be delete.

BeautifulPeople employes a strict community voting system that only grants accounts to good-looking applicants, but the aptly-named "Shrek" virus changed that, letting new users skip the screening protocols and begin interacting with the "beautiful" people.

These types of people always seem to end up alone and bitter when they are no longer pretty.

True, one of the hottest girls in my HS found me on Facebook, I was floored how poorly she aged, looks like she's 60+, and she's in late 30's.

True, one of the hottest girls in my HS found me on Facebook, I was floored how poorly she aged, looks like she's 60+, and she's in late 30's.

I refer to that as the "Ultimate Revenge". Just wait till they hit Mid 40's.

Makes me think of the South Park episode "The List". Where is the ghost of Abraham Lincoln when you need him? :D

As a beautiful person, I find it repulsive that people would try to invade our private club like that. Next thing you know people will start being valued for what's on the 'inside'. Just makes me sick...

Hehe.. too bad the virus didn't delete everybody except for the people they wanted to delete.

But anyway.. BEST VIRUS EVAR!!!!

Why do people assume good looking people aren't just the same on the inside as everyone else?
Rationalization doesn't look good on anyone.

Why do people assume good looking people aren't just the same on the inside as everyone else?

Not good looking people in general. Just good looking people who create a website for themselves. That is ugly on the inside.

Exactly. Just read the comments under the article. The people that are just as upset by the website ironically still fall under the same category (i.e. they place a value on what someone thinks of physical beauty, theirs or in general). The comments from the owner, maybe taken out of context, makes him sound like a dick, but who knows, that might be on purpose. In either case, if there's a website/community for everything else on the internet, what makes this any different? The exclusivity?

LOL worthy story to say the least. :D

And also on this guy's comment:
Once the virus was discovered, the site's managing director Greg Hodge decided that the only way to correct the problem was to boot the 30,000 less-desirable users from the site, stating, "We have to stick to our founding principles of only accepting beautiful people — that's what our members have paid for. We can't just sweep 30,000 ugly people under the carpet."

The concept of the site is great, and I can see anyone, regardless of beauty making it. This sort of site will attract more narcissistic people I imagine, which would be just the type of people to pay monthly to be included in this restricted access community.

It's a smart model.

The ugly people should go make thier own web site, then they can kick out the beautiful people who try to join.....

However, for some reason, I don't think this would be a good business model.

I don't know what the people who created that site look like, but it reminds me of the two guys who started Studio 54 (the original.)

If "beautiful people" won't give you the time of day, create an exclusive place for them. Then the tables turn.

The ugly people should go make thier own web site, then they can kick out the beautiful people who try to join.....

However, for some reason, I don't think this would be a good business model.

On Kontraband there were pictures of 30 or so odd dating sites...pretty sure this is already out there. There are some pretty bizarre, very specific dating sites out there apparently.

The concept of the site is great, and I can see anyone, regardless of beauty making it. This sort of site will attract more narcissistic people I imagine, which would be just the type of people to pay monthly to be included in this restricted access community.

It's a smart model.

Correction, it's a hot model. :eek:

"The Beautiful People"

And I don't want you and I don't need you
Don't bother to resist, or I'll beat you
It's not your fault that you're always wrong
The weak ones are there to justify the strong

The beautiful people, the beautiful people
It's all relative to the size of your steeple
You can't see the forest for the trees
You can't smell your own shit on your knees

There's no time to discriminate,
Hate every motherfucker
That's in your way

[Chorus:]
Hey you, what do you see?
Something beautiful, something free?
Hey you, are you trying to be mean?
If you live with apes man, it's hard to be clean

The worms will live in every host
It's hard to pick which one they eat most

The horrible people, the horrible people
It's as anatomic as the size of your steeple
Capitalism has made it this way,
Old-fashioned fascism will take it away

[Chorus]

There's no time to discriminate,
Hate every motherfucker
That's in your way

The beautiful people
The beautiful people (aahh) [x4]

[Chorus x2]

The beautiful people [x8]

Marilyn_

I've got a stunning idea. How about a dating website "gold-diggers"

you know it makes sense

You've got to be retarded to be looking for a date in a site full of narcissist.

If this was not on purpose, it should have been.
Best marketing strategy evah!
I'm starting to think that this might have been staged to generate traffic. I passed the link to the story to a friend and he said the website wouldn't load for a while due to all the traffic. So this could be some sort of viral marketing to fake having a virus that allows ugly people. Brilliant! :D

Wow.. We should all call lulzsac & sick them on this guy.. Here is a picture of the douche in an even more fucked up article.

Reminds me of a joke (paraphrased from bad memory): :D
A bus full of people crashes off a bridge killing everyone inside. On dying they all arrive to the Pearly Gates and St. Peter says "I'm sorry you all had such a horrible death. You all get one wish before you enter heaven." So the first passenger says "I want to be beautiful." St. Peter says "Granted and let's her in as beautiful as a movie star." The next passenger likes the idea and says "I too wish to be handsome" and his wish is granted and he strolls in. One after the other the passengers wish for the same thing except for the last guy who's laughing hysterically. As he walks up St. Peter asks "What's so funny?" The last guy wiping away tears says "I wish they were all ugly again!" before bursting out laughing again. :D

Back