Blizzard Timeline Leaked

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
blizztimef.png

http://leakerz.net/wp/2010/12/01/blizzard-timetable-leaked-rumour/

Real? Fake? Your thoughts?

Looks about right, though I'd add about 6 months to each release milestone...

Titan the new MMO?

anyone could make something like this, it does seem like it could be semi accurate.. but unless i hear it from blizzard, i dont beleive it.

Don't think its accurate. SC2 expansion and D3 are going to be launched at the same period? No, that would be shooting themselves in the foot.

pretty sure the ceo from china resigned thats where it leaked from.

Doesn't look like WoW is going away anytime soon..

wow movie lol..

kinda funny because during the VGA's my sister was sitting there and saw a commercial for WOW:Cattacklyzm and my sister said "i wonder if that movie will be any good"

at which point i laughed and had to tell her it was a CG commercial for a game.

Don't think its accurate. SC2 expansion and D3 are going to be launched at the same period? No, that would be shooting themselves in the foot.
Not really... They're not even remotely similar, so it's not like they'll be competing with each other. Most people play more than four games a year; I don't see how two releases in the same quarter is going to hurt them.

Q4 2013 on the other hand - launching their new MMO alongside a WoW expansion - is a little more perplexing...

Not really... They're not even remotely similar, so it's not like they'll be competing with each other. Most people play more than four games a year; I don't see how two releases in the same quarter is going to hurt them.

Q4 2013 on the other hand - launching their new MMO alongside a WoW expansion - is a little more perplexing...

Mainly because once you release SC2 xpac, people will buy them and play them. Often, it's all they will play for a few weeks. Then you launch a blockbuster title like D3.

That doesn't make sense to me. A game per year, or a game every few months, makes sense. Gives people time to digest the game and enjoy before releasing another one.

I expect projects to be pushed back, forward, projects added, removed etc. In short, I'm not expecting the timeline to be followed faithfully, but it's a good starting point. The WoW, SC2 and D3 release/expansions were all to be expected so I'm not surprised to see them on the chart. Overall, it's not incredibly informative except for Starcraft "Phoenix" I guess.

Mainly because once you release SC2 xpac, people will buy them and play them. Often, it's all they will play for a few weeks. Then you launch a blockbuster title like D3.

That doesn't make sense to me. A game per year, or a game every few months, makes sense. Gives people time to digest the game and enjoy before releasing another one.

atleast in the US i think a SC expansion vs Diablo 3, Diablo 3 will dominate the sales of the expansion, sure the die hard SC fans will eat it up but the people that have to decide on one will most likely choose Diablo 3 unless the gameplay just isnt their cup of tea.

but for the most part they are targeted at 2 different audiences and the chances of them releasing on the same day is unlikely.

1month apart is all that matters.

but its not just SC2X and Diablo 3 that either one of them has to worry about....

Mass Effect 3, Elderscrolls 5 i think will eat more of their sales than SC2X or Diablo 3 would do to each other.

This leak is 2 weeks old now and not very accurate, at least from what I've been told.

i dont see why people think wow is going away. there are mmo's like asheron's call that has been out 10 year or so and still make money. wow has way more subscibers then most mmo ever had.

wow is a cash cow they wont kill it till its not economical to kill it.

one of the rules of business never fuck with your cash cow. wow=cash cow. they can make up lore as they go along. we could see 10 more expansions.

Doesn't look like WoW is going away anytime soon..

Of course it isn't ..its the golden goose of the gaming industry. The goose keeps pooping out golden eggs you can bet Blizzard will have someone with there hands up its ass to dig em out.

Millions of obsessed theory crafting addicts aren't going to another MMO anytime soon. Hell all my WoW friends that quite pre Cataclysm have all bought the expansion and are obsessed all over again .. I'm just glad I wasn't one of them.

Also this timeline is old news and leaked a while ago (well at least a week or two ago).

wow movie lol..

kinda funny because during the VGA's my sister was sitting there and saw a commercial for WOW:Cattacklyzm and my sister said "i wonder if that movie will be any good"

at which point i laughed and had to tell her it was a CG commercial for a game.

I dont get why a wow movie is funny? It is happening. It has been in development for years.

See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft#Film_adaptation

Also, this image was displayed on mmo-champion.com last week and the main editor there makes some good claims as to why this is image is real. I would link the news post on mmo-champion but it is blocked here at work.

It could be real but why would they release the 5th Expansion to WoW at the same time of releasing a brand new MMO? wouldn't you want to convert a lot of your WoW subscribers to the new MMO? Both show Q4 2014.

It could be real but why would they release the 5th Expansion to WoW at the same time of releasing a brand new MMO? wouldn't you want to convert a lot of your WoW subscribers to the new MMO? Both show Q4 2014.

I thought someone said Bliz is making a MMOFPS. Could be Titan? Two totally different genres if that is the case.

We all know timelines are to be taken with a grain of salt, especially with Blizzard. I mean, look at how long it took Starcraft 2 to come out.

We all know timelines are to be taken with a grain of salt, especially with Blizzard. I mean, look at how long it took Starcraft 2 to come out.

Yea I completely agree. But still, it does give you at least an estimate that you can safely fluxate 6 months - year each way depending on which product.

That's why it's funny. If you don't get it, you're probably not going to.

Sounds badass to me, not funny... It may be funny if it were anything but CG, but since it is CG then you know it will be badass. I mean, just look at the introduction videos to every Blizzard game. Every one of them looks amazing.

I hope not, I don't want to wait another year for Diablo 3. And there are no signed of WC4... I am curious about this Titan reference though.

Notice the WOW brand is sticking; Titan better be a new MMO... that'll cap 8 years of use for WOW.

I hope not, I don't want to wait another year for Diablo 3. And there are no signed of WC4... I am curious about this Titan reference though.
Did you expect D3 to come out any earlier? 2011 is pretty early IMO considering Blizzard takes forever to release games

Notice the WOW brand is sticking; Titan better be a new MMO... that'll cap 8 years of use for WOW.

I'd like it if Titan was a reference to the moon of the same name. I can't get me enough sci-fi games.

I hardly think so. The Diablo market is almost completely independent from the SC market, and the people in the place they overlap will have no qualms about purchasing both at the same time.

I hardly think so. The Diablo market is almost completely independent from the SC market, and the people in the place they overlap will have no qualms about purchasing both at the same time.

Yes.

I hate Starcraft.
I LOVE Diablo.

If I was an ant, that grain of salt would be pretty god damn huge.

And you're right, I'll be buying both the SC 2 expansion and Diablo 3.

Sounds badass to me, not funny... It may be funny if it were anything but CG, but since it is CG then you know it will be badass. I mean, just look at the introduction videos to every Blizzard game. Every one of them looks amazing.

Unless they're responsible for the entire production, I don't think it'll be so badass. However, it will make them money as the fanboys will come out in droves (dressed up as their favorite Night Elf stripper).

Why such a long wait for expansions for starcraft...it's not like they have a whole lot to do...

Back