LimeWire Resurrected By Secret Dev Team

HardOCP News

[H] News
At what point do you think these guys will give up? I’m all for the “screw the man” stuff and all that but when you end up spending half your life in court (and the rest of your life broke), at what point do you just say “enough is enough” and quit?

Last month, the Gnutella-based file-sharing client LimeWire was effectively outlawed after a U.S. federal judge granted a request from the RIAA to shut the software down. Now, not even a month later, LimeWire is back as good as new. Not only has a secret dev team reanimated the hugely popular client, but they have also made a few significant changes which make it better and more streamlined than before.

was it ever even shut down? from what I heard people continued to use it like nothing ever happened, despite the legal notice displayed on startup

Hah... the RIAA and MPIAA will never win.

From the day they shutdown Napster, it has been hell for them.

Yay, more work (and money) for me repairing systems hosed over by the infestations that will soon follow again. Thank you secret devs! :D

Gnutella actually never shut down...only the Limewire client. There are open-source clients that can access the same network (which will always exist, as shutting it down would be like shutting down BitTorrent).

And to think we waste tax dollars on funding the court cases for stuff like this. Hope someone wins a court case to shut RIAA down.

Are these guy's talking about 'FrostWire' aka the slightly better 'Limewire' clone/replacement? I find Lamewire is used mostly by 30-50s who don't know how to pirate but their son set them up with this music downloading thingy that you just type in the name and it downloads! Ironically, these also tend to be the people who get sued. It seems almost everyone who actually gets sued by the RIAA or MPIAA are sued for downloading music --using-- limewire.

Torrenting sometimes, but, it seems mostly limewire.

I find Lamewire is used mostly by 30-50s who don't know how to pirate but their son set them up with this music downloading thingy that you just type in the name and it downloads!.

Torrenting sometimes, but, it seems mostly limewire.

Nah. A lot of people use it to find older songs. Younger people.

Yay, more work (and money) for me repairing systems hosed over by the infestations that will soon follow again. Thank you secret devs! :D

This.. Limewire is like a permanent stimulus package for us techs

"Secret Dev Team "
Read that as RIAA lawyers.
Go ahead kids the music is free!

And yet Galbadia Hotel has never been shutdown.....and somehow the world continues to turn.

*Galbadia is awsome btw*

Yeah, as a repair guy sometimes myself... I can only thank the trojan makers sometimes. Without them, I sometimes would not make the money without their "help" I could say....

Hopefully, for our sake, antivirus programs will remain to be 100% fail proof. (sad but true!)

Back