What's with Newegg selling shipping Corsair S128 SSD on P128 Orders?

xbeemer

Limp Gawd
Newegg (maybe others, I don't know) has been shipping Corsair S128 SSDs when P128s were ordered. It happened to me twice. I purchased a P128 about two weeks ago and got a P128. It's great, like everyone says. So I ordered another one last week. I got an S128 instead. RMA'd it, ordered another P128 and got another S128 instead.

It's been happening to others too. A couple Newegg reviews mention it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16820233087
...although they seem to have stopped posting reviews that mention this (like mine).

Also there is a thread on this on the Corsair site:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=80096&page=2

The Memory Guy says they are "just mislabeled." Right. Why would they try to sell them with a huge S128 label on them as "really" P128s, but never issue any official statement about the problem? What happens if they do loose write speed as the S128s did, but the P128s mostly had fixed? Will a they replace with a P128? I'm guessing not.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm a big fan of Corsair products - I have their memory and power supplies in all 3 of our computers, and I use their GT USB drives. But this strikes me as, well, slimy.

yeah, this is obviously some sort of evil scheme to rip you off and destroy you, because any sort of shipping mistake on any level is obviously a personal attack

call or email newegg, explain the situation, they'll very likely work to fix it (I've gotten wrong/incorrect items in orders before, a simple call usually fixes it)

also, its "lose"

Why make it personal while contributing nothing? I'm asking for information on this situation. As I posted that I got this twice, including from an RMA, it should be obvious that I did try to sort it out with Newegg. They are sweet as always, but can only issue another RMA. And as it stands, there is no point in ordering yet another P128 when S128s are being delivered.

Does anyone actually know what is going on?

I didn't contribute "nothing", I (hopefully) taught you how to spell a word correctly, and threw out there that its probably a mislabling/shipping mistake (apparently that doesn't work for you, and it has to be some conspiracy, as evidenced by your remarks), which is probably all it is

lighten up a bit eh?

call or email newegg, explain the situation, they'll very likely work to fix it (I've gotten wrong/incorrect items in orders before, a simple call usually fixes it)
This,

personally i'd try to call first and speak to a live person.

Not much else you can do except take your chances with another merchant, but then you risk poorer service.

Yes, Newegg will ship another one and will refund for the current one as soon as they get it back. But as I already said, they did this already, and I got a 2nd one labeled S128. As of yesterday, Friday, as far as the CS person knew, they were still shipping the S128s for P128 orders. I didn't want to go through this a 3rd time, and to be honest, I didn't want to have to lay out over $1000 - $690 for the first two that are somewhere in RMA land and will be for a couple weeks or so, and another $345 for yet another.

What I am asking, is are others who are ordering P128s getting the ones labeled S128? If so, what are you are doing about it?

And if you don't really know anything, have no inside information, haven't ordered a P128 SSD from anyone recently, then please suppress your inner fanboi and consider that you have nothing useful to contribute to this particular thread.

I think NewEgg will generally email you a UPS shipping label if you call them rather than use the web form. At least that's how it was when I last RMAed a defective part.

Never done that for me before, and I've dealt with at least 6 reps I can name off the top of my head for multiple defective RMAs. I've spent probably 7k with newegg in the last 4 months but it doesn't seem like that really affects level of service. Some people get lucky I guess.

Back