I've used it USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 usb drives (Transcend and Sandisk). Worked just fine.
Make sure you use the Universal USB Installer. Format the drive as NTFS first, then use the Un. USB Installer to install TAILS. Mine runs just fine.
Stupid question time:
Why are you all using the search box? I take that shit off the UI as soon as I install FF. Open new page, set search into AwesomeBar, and type what you want - it automatically google searches.
I use 7-zip as my main extractor, as I find the dual-pane layout invaluable (does any other program do this?).
However, I keep WinRAR around for archiving items which will be uploaded to a certain place which shall not be named.
Musicbee can do this.
Great program. Absolutely free, updated often, looks great. I switched from Mediamonkey to Musicbee and haven't looked back since.
I work with PDFs quite often (peer-reviewed research), and I often need markup and, often more importantly, OCR. Adobe's Clearscan is - in my very limited experience - second to none. It really does a great job 95% of the time (the other 5% it ends up mangling the text, but this is only in cases...
I'm still folding. About to hit 15 million in the next month or so (after almost 9 years).
Never heard of any other things to do (BOINC, etc.) so I'm not sure why I'd want to. I just have F@H running in the background, doing my little bit for science.
WhatsApp used to be popular here in Taiwan, but because only the first year is free, it fell out of favor.
Now people use LINE, although some also use WeChat.
It's quite nice, as you get messaging, and calling through 3g/4g/data instead of texting.
It probably has to do with the mobile plans...
Yep, this is what I use, and I highly recommend it. You can also try the Developer version which is updated everyday (can be annoying), but the stable version does a great job and the developer is very active in the userscripts forum.
I used to love Mediamonkey, but then it stopped being just a music player - now it does video and everything else. I found it still worked great, but there were little bugs here and there (at least on my computer).
I've since switched over to MusicBee, which is awesome. It's a lightweight...
Never liked iTunes. I used Mediamonkey for a long time, but it's also become rather buggy and slow (this may just be my computer).
Recently I switched over to MusicBee (Free, offers a portable edition) and haven't looked back. It's fast, free, does everything I need, and has great support.
Been watching a few EVE Online Let's Play videos - the game looks amazing. I have 3 accounts, but haven't played in about 3 years. I'm trying to come up with reasons not to start up again because it is seriously addicting. I should probably log on and do something with the billions of ISK...
Thanks for the great suggestions. I'm definitely getting an extra controller or two. Looked at the remotes, but I think I might go for a Logitech Harmony - there's an adapter for the PS3 and it controls all my other devices. Pretty spendy, though.
I don't plan to play much online. I'm really...
Never had a PlayStation before, but I'm looking forward to a few games (Red Dead Redemption) and being able to stream HD media to my TV.
I plan on getting the 500gb slim model, probably a couple extra controllers, and of course an HDMI splitter for the TV. Are there any other must-have...
Never used it, although it is insanely popular in Taiwan - it's all I ever see on computers. I hate the interface, though.
Apparently, Daum Potplayer is considered a superior successor to KMplayer, although I haven't used it that much, either. I use MPC-HC (the newest build from xvidvideo.ru)...
So I've been running the latest v7 for a while now... and never realized my GPU (HD4890) wasn't supported, so I've only been folding on the CPU.
Which older version do I need to revert back to to have SMP and GPU folding all in one?
I'll give it a try, but these aren't "guest accounts" but rather accounts with Guest Mode - sounds similar, but it's different. There are no changes kept (everything is reverted on logout, drives are locked to that user, etc) - it's like SteadyState for Windows 7.
Anyway, I'll give it a try...
I'm getting ready to borg a few computers that I'm in charge of. These computers are setup with Windows 7 and the users will be logging in with a Guest Mode enabled account - it's like SteadyState for windows 7 - they aren't allowed to save documents, all changes are reverted when...
I'm looking to setup a few public computers for some students to use. I'd like to install Win7 and various software and then create a "Student" account and turn on Guest Mode for that account so that they can't install stuff, make changes, etc. Previously, I have used an Admin account...