Search results

  1. W

    WTB: large case in WI/IL area

    I have a Rosewill Thor (pretty sure it's V2) from an old build sitting in my basement. It's yours if you can pick it up or for the cost of shipping. I am in the Oshkosh area.
  2. W

    WTB: mATX or mITX Z97/H97 Socket 1150 Motherboard

    Added Z87/H87 as options. Bump.
  3. W

    WTB: mATX or mITX Z97/H97 Socket 1150 Motherboard

    I'm looking to re-purpose some old hardware and am in need of a smaller motherboard than the ATX one I'm currently using. I'm looking for a Z97/H97 or Z87/H87 motherboard from one of the big 3 (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI) manufacturers in the mATX or mITX form factor. Retail packaging and accessories...
  4. W

    FS: Netgear Nighthawk R7000

    Sale Pending
  5. W

    FS: Netgear Nighthawk R7000

    PM replied to. Bump
  6. W

    FS: Netgear Nighthawk R7000

    Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Router - SOLD I've been using it strictly as a WAP off my PFSense box for the past couple of years and am looking at making the switch to a commercial grade WAP to see if I get better coverage on the upstairs of my house. I currently have DD-WRT installed on it...
  7. W

    Nvidia shield with free remote $150 Black Friday

    No reason to buy if you don't want/ need gaming features and are just looking for a media streamer. Get a Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV if all you want is a streaming media player.
  8. W

    The Wire: The Complete Series on Blu-Ray for $80

    Amazon has the complete series of The Wire on Blu-Ray for $80. $16 per season for what has been called the greatest tv show ever made seems like a hot deal. Entertainment...
  9. W

    USB Volume knob?

    Depending on your speaker setup the Schiit Sys may be just what you are looking for: If you have something more elaborate than a 2.0 setup it won't benefit you, but if it fits your setup it should work and it looks nice too.
  10. W

    looking for DRM free FLAC

    None of the major online music retailers sell lossless tracks. Your best bet is to buy the CD and rip it yourself if you absolutely need lossless. All of the major online music retailers have gone away from DRM, and the quality offered is indistinguishable from a CD (to 99.99% of the...
  11. W

    What's this device a technician installed behind my TV?

    A cable tech once told me that the filter is used to separate the Internet signals (which travel at high frequencies) from the tv signals (which travel at lower frequencies). If you remove it your signal will probably become degraded. I don't think you will get any additional channels by...
  12. W

    Building a HTPC For Plex Only

    It depends on what your usage is going to be. Streaming music & photos can be done with an Atom based setup. If you plan to transcode multiple HD video streams on the server than you will need something more powerful. Plex does not support GPU transcoding, so focus on the CPU. The more...
  13. W

    Sony a7r fullfarme Mirrorless Camera $199.99+tax+shiping ($2500 camera @ 95% OFF)

    Just out of curiosity what industries are your examples from and how outdated is the software that is being used that a statement cannot be prepared based on a simple customer name and date query?
  14. W

    Creative Soundblaster X7 Massdrop $299 to $379 + S&H

    Anytime anything audio is posted it always brings out a few "audiophiles" who feel they need to ridicule others purchases to justify the thousands they have dumped into an audio setup that is marginally better than one costing 1/10th the price to 99.9% of the listening population. The X7 is...
  15. W

    Looking for a budget amp

    You absolutely will not beat the TI TPA 311x amps. The 3116 is fantastic, but for you could save a few bucks and get by with the 3110 with those speakers (assuming your Mom isn't listening at high volumes). Sure 3110...
  16. W

    Streaming Device Perforance (Firestick sucks)

    Try connecting to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi instead of the 5 GHz and see if that improves things. I don't have Netflix, but have three Fires (1 Fire, 2 Sticks) and use Amazon Prime, Sling TV, and Hulu Plus. 5 GHz has given me performance issues even when the router signal is strong (one is setup one...
  17. W

    Need Suggestions on Subwoofer

    If money is tight go with the Dayton sub that SithSolo linked to. It's a 10'' 100 watt sub so it won't reach down and get the real lows, but if you are using it primarily for music listening and gaming in a home office type environment it should suffice. If you have bigger needs look at SVS...
  18. W

    Refurbished: RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Mechanical Keyboard is $65. @NewEgg

    I see $80:
  19. W

    WTB: DFI Lan Party X58 (the one with the big heatsink)

    It may or may not help in your search, but the model number is DFI X58-T3EH8. I had one a few builds ago and would have kept it longer if it supported the 6 core Xeons. It was the last great board from DFI before they left the enthusiast market. Good luck in your search.
  20. W

    Speaker configuration advice wanted

    No to full range since you have a sub and don't need the speakers to produce bass. Turn off all eq and "sound enhancements" for music listening (listen to music the way the producer wanted it to sound). For gaming try the sound enhancement see if it adds anything.
  21. W

    Samsung "Wonder RAM" & Asus Maximus VII Hero

    I'm guessing that is $65 per 8gb set correct? If its $65 for all 32 gbs I will take it.
  22. W

    NewEgg Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 $7.99.

    Its a one year license from the date of installation.
  23. W

    Drobo 4-Bay Hard Drive Array w/ 16TB

    Order confirmations are computer generated so that doesn't mean anything one way or another. I'm going to guess there is a 90% chance orders are canceled, 9.9% chance diskless units are shipped, & 0.1% chance anyone gets a 4x4tb unit. So I'm saying there's a chance.
  24. W

    Dell Latitude 3340 factory sealed 289.00 free shipping eBay

    Its true for all goods (at least in the US, no idea for any other country). You can not take legal title of goods if its found that they are stolen. If someone can prove that its their goods in your hands and they were stolen, they have claim to them and your left empty handed even if you were...
  25. W

    Bluray player software?

    I tried both the major players software years ago and came away disappointed. If you don't need menus get Anydvd HD and browse the folder structures for the main film. Mediaplayer Classic is my choice in players once the encryption is defeated, but there are many alternatives. Anydvd HD...
  26. W

    is this legit?

    99.99% of the time if you have to ask if its legit, its not fucking legit.
  27. W

    [WTB] Wireless N Router

    I have a Linksys E4200 V1 that I just upgraded. Its flashed with DD-WRT. It has a few cosmetic scratches on it, but works without issue. I was planning on using it as a wireless AP at some point, but don't currently have any devices that aren't connecting well via wi-fi or directly wired via...
  28. W

    30% off and free shipping on refurb monitors at Dell Outlet

    Dell's refurbs can be anything from an item that was returned, unopened by a customer, to an off-lease item with no issues, to an item returned with minor issues like back light bleed. I've purchased for myself, my family and friends, or my work around a half dozen Dell refurb monitors and...
  29. W

    YMMV: Office Depot Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 $99 or less

    Unless you have greater than 450 Mbps Internet speeds you won't encounter any throughput problems using DD-WRT. If you don't need the options opened up by DD-WRT, than by all means stick to the simpler stock firmware. Kong's firmware for this router is extremely stable and this has been one of...
  30. W

    3D Mark $5 [Steam]

  31. W

    Yamaha RX-V677 7.2-CH Receiver + Klipsch Quintet 5.0 Speaker System $550 + Free Shipp

    Yamaha focuses on sound quality and not features. I have the RX-V673 and its an amazing receiver for music and movies. It doesn't have a lot of added apps, but my tv, bluray player, HTPC, and Amazon Fire TV Stick have me covered on that front. If you want excellent sound quality Yamaha is...