Yep you can flash the extreme bios, but all it does is raise your base/boost clock. The problem is the extreme amp! is voltage locked as well atm. It seems to have been some kind of mistake to lock all the cards despite their marketing claiming to go above the 1.212v with the OC plus.
I got an 970 amp! omega, runs great! Overclocked to 1500core/8k memory without issue, and the fan is inaudible even on full load (temps stayed between 68-74c with fan at 60% in alien). No coil whine either, very happy!
This mouse could've been nice if you guys dumped the twin eye, that simple. Lifting being for "noobs" is not an acceptable solution to me. Other mice that don't use the twin eye don't have the problem, and so I vote with my wallet by not buying any mouse that uses this sensor.
I have a spitfire on my 480 and my max temps are 55c, and even in games with dx11 and full 99% gpu usage (like avp) temps rarely go above 62c. Keep in mind that it's also completely quiet as the 140mm fan I use from thermalright is 900rpm. My microwave is louder than my pc now.
Yea absolutely. I hate loud GPUS and the hissing noises, ruins my gaming experience. However now it's all quiet just like my accelero hd4870x2 was.
Yea there's enough clearance. I have an x-fi full size installed behind mine.
Installed the spitfire on my 480 today. Took me about 8 hours.
1) Stripped screw in gtx480. Had to use dremel to cut it out.
2) Mounting the spitfire alone on the gtx480 was clunky as hell. I highly recommend a 2nd person
3) Couldn't get the card into my cm stacker. The PSU cage at the top was...
Is anyone using a gtx480 and a physx card (say a gts240) and multiple monitors (say two)? If so I was wondering
1) Do you plug in your 2nd screen into the gtx480 or the gts240?
2) If into the gts240 does the gtx480 still have the high idle temps when there's 2 screens?