Zuckerberg Finds It Funny Some Still Don't Trust Internet.org

HardOCP News

[H] News
Zuckerburg actually finds it "funny" that people are questioning his motives in regards to his Free Basics program. Maybe it might be the fact that he's pushing a service in countries that have banned it?

"It's been a little funny that people sometimes don't take you on face value [regarding providing free internet altruistically]," Zuckerberg said. Ultimately, he just wants to get people online who wouldn't have any other way to get connected. But when pressed, he added, "A lot of people think that companies don't think about anything other than making money... I didn't start Facebook to be a company initially ... I wanted to connect people in my college. Going forward, I realized building a company was the best way to get a lot of people to build towards a certain goal."

I may be wrong here, but didn't Zuckerbug pilfer the idea for FaceBook from two other people that paid him tow work on it for their college. He's shady.

Weird, here I was thinking that basically every single thing that Zuckerburg does lately is in service of making more money for Facebook. Which, you know, is the point of having a company. But yeah, all he wants to do is connect people. Very sweet of him.

Basically, he supplies you with free internet, you supply him with data which he then sells to anyone interested. Either way, he makes money. The governments, however, do not make money off this since it is a "free" service. No taxes tariffs or regulatory fees. So its no small wonder why countries are banning this left and right... they hold exclusive rights over the dominion of their "citizens" and they will be damned if someone else other than them makes money from the daily life tracking of their "citizens." Im sure if Zuckerberg ponied up a portion of the money he makes off the data, those governments would probably be a bit more willing to accept this.

Going forward, I realized building a company was the best way to get a lot of people to build towards a certain goal.

These tech-oligarchs are getting higher, mightier and more self-righteous by the year. Like Google's "Do no evil", Zuckerburg's statement of wanting to only help people is only a public face to the private lie, that these companies know they have absolute power over the internet and it's naive users.

Hey.....I getz to post my cat for free, so your point?

Sheeple.

Come on, Zuck! We all know your motive is "trickle down", "build it and they will come", etc.

Sounds like internet.org is an easy way you create self generating faceBLOWs pages based on user traffic with or without user consent.

Back