Yelp Review Lands Couple In Court

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't understand why companies do this. These clauses never work and, to make matters worse, all they do is give your business more of the bad publicity you are trying to avoid in the first place. :rolleyes:

Not long after the she posted, Prestigious Pets filed a lawsuit against the couple seeking more than $6700 dollars in damages, according to court documents. The court documents also show that the business is suing over the non-disparagement clause in the contract, which prevents someone from taking any action that negatively impacts the business.

I guess they really do believe that there is no such thing as bad/negative publicity.

I did not read this story. I was never here. I was never here. I was never here.

UsCRhfm.gif

Their yelp page has received 45+ 1 and 2 start reviews since the article broke.

The Streisand effect is a beautiful thing.

You have to figure that people filing these kinds of lawsuits don't understand this and that this is just routine and that no one will notice. You go from one obscure bad review to well known notorious jerk. There's just no payoff that I can see that makes this worth the damage to reputation for a business.

The Streisand effect is a beautiful thing.

You have to figure that people filing these kinds of lawsuits don't understand this and that this is just routine and that no one will notice. You go from one obscure bad review to well known notorious jerk. There's just no payoff that I can see that makes this worth the damage to reputation for a business.

I'm wondering if the owners would really like to spend $6700 right now to get rid of this negative publicity...

Stupid is as stupid does. Of course their lawyer isn't going to tell them strike the line. He is going to tell them to keep the line so he can make a fortune of defending it.

Old school thinking, they considered the review libelous and sought to sue, instead they should of replied to the review, which is free... And actually gives positive press!

This is one of the reasons it is wise to always be an anonymous coward on the Internet.

Back