Would you get a white case?

wandplus

Limp Gawd
I was looking at the Antec NX416L and wondering if dust would look too obvious on top of it (if I chose the white model). It would be cool to find a micro-ATX model with a slot for an optical drive though. It looks pretty sweet for a case.

Although I usually avoid anything from that company, the white version of that case appears to actually be that, a "WHITE" case that is white all over (instead of 90% white + 10% black or other color - which is an auto-NO BUY for me) and seems reasonably nice looking overall.

As for the dust, unless the case will be in an area that has a significant amount, it shouldn't be any worse or better than any other case..especially if you put exhaust fans in the top...

But I'm not sure you will be able to find an m-ITX case with a OD slot, as they are becoming increasingly rare even on full ATX cases, let alone anything smaller :)

Well, if motherboard manufacturers can come out with an ITX mobo with HDMI, DVI and D-sub on the rear panel for less than $150 Canadian, that would be great. It almost feels weird to know you can't really buy an ITX case because the mobo choices seem so bleak.

Oh fuck yes !!

192047_avside8x6.jpg
----

It's expensive, dirty work tho.

🤣

I went with a white case last year only because it was on sale,
IMG_3440.JPEG

It was $112 when I bought it, current price from Amazon is $185,
1704251974218.png

What I really want to do is mod my old Silicon Graphics Iris Indigo into a PC since I love the look and shape of it,
IMG_6248.JPG IMG_6235.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Derf
like this
I just switched to a white 011 XL to a black 011 Evo XL. Talk about wasting money xD

I have a couple of white cases, I like them. My current case is black.. because spending 10 years with white can get just as boring as with black :D

Bah, you kids and your fruity colors. Back in my day they were all beige. Basic and like the missionary position, acceptable....

Yeah, I have a Lian Li Lancool II in white. It's real nice.

Bah, you kids and your fruity colors. Back in my day they were all beige. Basic and like the missionary position, acceptable....

Yeah, I have a Lian Li Lancool II in white. It's real nice.
Oh cmon, they had sodomy back then, quit acting like a virgin :D

Thanks !
Thing about white cases, they are dirty all the time. You get about 18 hours of lookin sweet, then dirty again...
--

Nice case Niner !
That needs daily dusting I bet !

👍

edit : There's no difference between how much a white anything and a quality black anything show dust.
My truck is black metal flake. Same thing, dirty all the time.

If you want 'doesn't look dirty', use Tremclad flat black......looks dusty right from the word go.

Last edited:
Nice case Niner !
That needs daily dusting I bet !
Thank you. Actually it stays very clean. I attribute that to the fan configuration (positive pressure) plus the nice air filter on the front and side of the case. My house is fairly new as well so the dust is kept to a minimum.

Back