Windows 11 Pro - $29.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
The online $20 keys are usually OEM unused keys that can only activated one time.

when MS purges "Bad" keys and you lose access will a new key get you up again without losing info?
I've always used grey market keys for almost all my and my families builds and a key has never ever expired or been deactivated. Doesn't mean it can't happen.

when MS purges "Bad" keys and you lose access will a new key get you up again without losing info?
It would just deactivate and not lock you out. It would limit you back to like you didn't activate it. That said I been using grey key that I brought as cheap as $7 and never had a issue. I just had to get a new key if I changed the MB. I miss the dude that use to sell them here for $7.

You can actually use Windows 11 without activating. There will be a watermark, not be able to be personalized with desktop backgrounds, colors and other items under Personalization settings.
Perfectly usable.
I'd image a deactivated key will revert back to the above.

It will.

This is completely true. If you don't mind the watermark, nagging, and inability to customize your desktop theme, you can just use the Microsoft official installer and run Win 10 or Win 11 without EVER activating it.

Not recommended, but you certainly can.

You may or may not get all security updates, Microsoft reserves the right to hinder updates for illegitimate operating systems though they never really have done that. And you aren't going to be able to ever use any MS products or services requiring MS account login through the OS.

Personally, I only ever use real sealed OEM packs with the stickers. The downside is you can only activate them during the Windows install process as they are intended only for new PC builds. IF you use a different retail key or a hacked one then decide to get an OEM Pro version for example you aren't going to be able to use that key to "legitimize and upgrade" your existing install. You'll have to reinstall from scratch from bootable media, then the key will work.

You can't customize your power settings either. I haven't got around to getting a new key for my new build and my computer goes to sleep after 5 mins and I can't change it.

You won't lose access, my legit retail win8 key got deactivated after a bios update on my pc... and all that happened was got the annoying watermark until I finally got it to reactivate which was a pain ..

at first the only option showing when tried to activate was to buy a new license... after disconnecting the internet reentering the key and getting a server not avail (no internet) error, I finally was able to get the "I have recently changed hardware" option to show up and then it reactivated ... but at no point was I looked out of the computer.

Just curious, are the people "poo poo'ing" these deals dropping a $100-$200 on Windows?

Several years ago TechYesCity did a video on the cheap licenses. Bryan said if VIP-SCDkeys was going to be a sponsor he he wants to make sure it was ok. So he got the key and called up Microsoft. It didn't throw any flags. Did as much due diligence as one really could.

Just curious, are the people "poo poo'ing" these deals dropping a $100-$200 on Windows?
I think they're pirates who poo poo everything that costs money lol.

EDIT: Personally I own retail win8 copies I got direct from Microsoft for $15 each on an upgrade promotion a long time ago, and some old win7 home premium 3pack licenses which were $99/3. I used the upgrade offers to turn them all into win10 and 11 licenses. I did pay $100 for my first oem win7 though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back