Uncharted 4 Story Changed “100 Percent” After New Directors Came On

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If the story ends up sucking, you’ll know exactly who to blame—Naughty Dog reportedly threw out eight months of work after Druckmann and Straley replaced the original directors. The good news is that these two were responsible for not only Uncharted and its sequel, but also The Last of Us.

The game was originally in development under the direction of Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond, but they left the studio in early 2014. Though it was not confirmed, reports indicated Hennig was allegedly "forced out" by Druckmann and Straley, a point that the studio has denied.

I never played Uncharted but Last of Us was pretty good. Guess we'll see.

well according to murmers, the orignal script carried on the mystic tones of the third game, theres were a few loose ends that was gona be explained. but not everyone like it. but i doubt it wil it will suck these guys were behind much of what was awesome about the first 2 games and the awesomeness of last of us. but i have a feeling they will leave a cliff hanger at the end of 4. fan base will be begging for another game. just hope they wont leave it too long

3 wasn't as good as 1 or 2. It just couldn't live up to those two.

3 wasn't as good as 1 or 2. It just couldn't live up to those two.
I'm in the minority that I feel 3 felt the best of the trilogy. The first two the gunplay just feels bad. The Last of Us nailed it though.

Amy Hennig is fantastic in my opinion. Sad to see her go. She was one of the main forces (writer and director of Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Defiance) behind the story of the Legacy of Kain series. She left Edios/Crystal Dynamic to go to Naughty Dog where she directed and wrote all 3 Uncharted games. So it's rather misleading to say these two chucklefucks worked on those two games as if Hennig had not.

She also left nearly 2 years ago now so it was likely these two would go in their own direction. Them being responsible for the stellar The Last of Us is definitely a good sign though.

I loved 3. I'm hoping 4 lives up to the hype. Crossing my fingers for The Last of Us 2

so Druckmann and Straley were responsible for the first 2 Uncharted games?...then what's the issue?...the first 2 games were the best in the series...Part 3 was good but not great...too many flashbacks and family drama...stick to the exploration/action and leave the melodrama behind...I'm confident Uncharted 4 will be a return to form and among the best in the series

so Druckmann and Straley were responsible for the first 2 Uncharted games?...then what's the issue?...the first 2 games were the best in the series...Part 3 was good but not great...too many flashbacks and family drama...stick to the exploration/action and leave the melodrama behind...I'm confident Uncharted 4 will be a return to form and among the best in the series
Actually no they weren't. As I said in my previous post Amy Hennig was Director and Writer of the first 3 games in the series. These two had a hand in the first 2 games, and influenced them but they can hardly be called responsible. The news posting just words this poorly and makes it sound as if Hennig only worked on Uncharted 3 and not the others.

These two were however responsible for writing and directing The Last of Us .

Back