Uber Driver Hits Customer With $200 Bogus Cleaning Charge

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess being on the receiving end of a bogus $200 charge is better than being assaulted, raped, murdered or any of the other things Uber has been in the news for lately.

If you own a car that you use to drive strangers around in, it’s a nasty, expensive surprise when one of your passengers vomits up their dinner/night on the town in your car. But one Uber customer says she was hit with a $200 fine for a phantom puking session that never happened while she and her friends were in the car. Instead, she claims the driver faked the whole thing just to collect the dough.

That story sounds like her trying to cover herself, she goes into a lot of CSI shit with a picture of puke. "All of my friends were in the back seat" How many friends? Crammed in like sardines? Then "The color was off, it was too light, we ate dark food that night" lots of excuses, going to a "public venue" all just sounds like a fishy story on her part to get out of paying $200.

You'd think Uber drivers would want to have those two way dash cams (cab and front) just for insurance reasons, not to mention this.

I read about uber drivers doing this on reddit, just record the vehicle's condition when you get out (with a time stamp).

100+ Uber trips and counting. One whole incident of someone stealing my Uber is the worst that has happened to me. Every other driver has free water and snacks, whereas the last cab ride I took (because I was visiting a city that didn't have Uber, Lyft, Car2Go, ZipCar, Getaround, etc.) smelled like cat piss. Plus the guy just moved there, didn't have GPS or even his phone. Also didn't take credit/debit cards, so we had to drive around 15 more minutes to find an ATM.

Fuck cabs forever.

Another story that would be a complete and total dud, but because it involves the word 'Uber' suddenly its a front-page scandal.

and yet you still felt it worthy of your time to read and post a comment.

Back