Time Inc Explores Bid For Yahoo's Core Business

HardOCP News

[H] News
An anonymous source "familiar with the situation" claims that Time is looking into acquiring Yahoo's core internet business. I'm not sure why Time is out shopping for companies like MySpace and Yahoo, but they all seem right for each other. Don't they? ;)

Time Inc has been reaching out to bankers on pursuing a deal with Yahoo, according to the source, who wished to remain anonymous, not being permitted to speak to media. Time Inc, which has seen print advertising dollars dry up in recent quarters, has been trying to boost its digital presence through acquisitions of online properties, saying this month it would buy social networking pioneer MySpace.

I agree, if they would take in AOL then sink the ship and disappear look how many internets space we could recover from the trash heap.

I still have yet to find a better start page than the Yahoo one. I don't care who owns them or what else they do, but I hope they keep that page alive.

Very few of you seem to understand or appreciate that Yahoo News is the #1 News website with about 175 Million unique visitors per month. That is almost twice that of CNN, three times that of Fox News and NBC News.

Seems like a great bet for a dying company that is too attached to Print media.

Very few of you seem to understand or appreciate that Yahoo News is the #1 News website with about 175 Million unique visitors per month. That is almost twice that of CNN, three times that of Fox News and NBC News.

Seems like a great bet for a dying company that is too attached to Print media like Time Inc.

Impressive. Must be a lot of old people still out there on the internet :p

I still have yet to find a better start page than the Yahoo one. I don't care who owns them or what else they do, but I hope they keep that page alive.
I've had it as my start page for years. Just a quick check of real world news and then off to better things like hardocp, guru3d, you name it.

Back