The Predator And Alien: Covenant Get Release Dates

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Ridley Scott’s Prometheus follow up will be coming out next year, while the new Predator film is slated for 2018. The latter will be directed by Shane Black, who played Hawkins in the original. Stick around.

As for The Predator, the highly-anticipated sequel from a script by Shane Black and Monster Squad director Fred Dekker will arrive in theaters on March 2, 2018; a date that is currently only populated by an “Untitled WB Event Film”, which probably means something superhero-y. Aside from the exciting screenwriting duo, and the recently debuted first poster, not much is known about the sequel, other than producer John Davis‘ assertion that it will “re-invent the franchise.”

There has yet to be an objectively BAD predator movie, unless you count the terrible AVP2 and the 'meh' PG13 AVP.

Bring on the pred!

My cousins and I used to play 'Predator' when we were kids.

... That can be taken in so many different ways.

Chris-Hansen-Take-A-Seat-Meme.jpg

I'm excited for the next Prometheus and I hope this Predator doesn't turn out like the Predator vs. Aliens movies.

I'm excited for the next Prometheus and I hope this Predator doesn't turn out like the Predator vs. Aliens movies.
It's supposed to be a direct sequel to the original from what I've read. Shane Black has done some pretty good screenplays in the past, but Iron Man 3 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

I love the concept of the Predator, but the problem with them is the same one that plagues just about anything with an overpowered villain.
To even things out, they have to be portrayed as either stupid, cocky, or in their case "overly sporting" in order to make the movie last longer than 15 minutes.

Oof. Iron Man 3 was a let down. I hope they do a good job - the original Predator is one of my all time favorite Arnold movies.

Back