The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have 3x Wyze cams for the cost of $10 donation to this board. Shipping is included.

Two v2 and one refurb v3. They all work and have been factory reset. 3 wyze wall plugs included, no usb cables.

Attachments

• PXL_20240421_155514632.jpg
    PXL_20240421_155514632.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240421_155539739.jpg
    PXL_20240421_155539739.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240421_155602512.jpg
    PXL_20240421_155602512.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Have you tried the Rasberry Pi Ubuntu technique?
I read the guides and there's no way to get it to boot reliably for the Surface II.
If someone disagrees and wants to take stab at it, the Surface II tablet is available for you. Comes with a charger. PM me zip code to calculate shipping. Pending

1714066642531.png

Broken LiFePO4 5 amp battery charger - the fuse holder cylinder is loose so maybe the soldering joints broke off the internal board? Could be fixable for someone who is willing to tinker. Uses direct battery terminal alligator clips.

1714067013623.png

Audioengine W1 Wireless Audio adapter pair https://www.crutchfield.com/S-D05RUngLeD6/p_772AW1/Audioengine-W1-AW1.html

1714070636052.png

Attachments

• 1714066545377.png
    1714066545377.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1714066944218.png
    1714066944218.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any tips on finding good CompactFlash cards with a max capacity of 2GB? Is it just a matter of sifting through eBay and trying to guess which cards are legit?

I ordered a FinePix S2 digital camera. It takes CompactFlash formatted with FAT16, which is why I have to find low capacity cards.

Any tips on finding good CompactFlash cards with a max capacity of 2GB? Is it just a matter of sifting through eBay and trying to guess which cards are legit?

I ordered a FinePix S2 digital camera. It takes CompactFlash formatted with FAT16, which is why I have to find low capacity cards.
Look for used brand-name (check pics for wear), or new-old-stock industrial cards (check pics and google mfr name). Shipped from the US, needless to say.

This looks like a decent new-old-stock bet from a defunct manufacturer.

And here's a used Transcend with best offer.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

I am wondering if you could possibly get like 4gb or 8gb capacity and just partition it to 2gb FAT16 and use it like that.

technically that should work, but ancient digicams could have some weird limits.
It really depends on if it is a partition or drive size limit that kicks in. After all, these are basically IDE SSDs so you can think of it in the same way as a hard drive size limit by the bios or by the OS.

Thank you. I think I'll order one of those. The company is Taiwanese and seems legit enough.
Legit card. I've seen these before. On a side note, crazy how the prices on these have shot up over time. I remember when I would pick these up in the b&h used department for less than this. Unless my memory is failing me again...:(

Clarification: I ordered the PQI one. I accidentally quoted the wrong one above.
Thanks, guys.
Transcend is/was a legit memory card mfr - had multiple full-size SD cards. PQI is an OEM like SamirD said, but they don't manufacture flash memory any more.

With industrial cards, the speed is often not listed (though I doubt it matters for this application). You'd have to try to dig up an old datasheet to find out.

you can think of it in the same way as a hard drive size limit by the bios or by the OS

True, except legacy embedded systems - before the use of embedded Linux became common - rarely, if ever, implemented full filesystems.

FinePix S2 woes with >2GB cards: https://www.photo.net/forums/topic/357073-fuji-s2-pro-card-not-initialized/

True, except legacy embedded systems - before the use of embedded Linux became common - rarely, if ever, implemented full filesystems.

FinePix S2 woes with >2GB cards: https://www.photo.net/forums/topic/357073-fuji-s2-pro-card-not-initialized/
True, but sometimes there was a card limit and sometimes a partition limit. And then sometimes there was just weird stuff like on my Panasonic DMC-FZ20--a 2GB SD Card would work fine, but the first bit of the first few bits of the first file was corrupted in I think RAW or some other non-jpeg mode. I only used jpeg mode so it was never an issue for me. The camera was supposed to be limited to 512MB or 1GB cards. On my Olympus e-20n, it's a hard 1 or 2GB limit with larger cards not even recognized. And my Sony DSC-F828 was supposed to be limited to 8GB, but I have 32GB CF and Memory sticks in it that work fine.

Reactions: izx
like this
Most I have for my old Nikon D300 is 8GB of those SanDisk like kyang listed above. They have been abused read/write wise and neve an issue...love those SanDisk Extremes.

Most I have for my old Nikon D300 is 8GB of those SanDisk like kyang listed above. They have been abused read/write wise and neve an issue...love those SanDisk Extremes.
Those were some of the best CF cards made. They had a lifetime warranty on their highest end line too.

True, but sometimes there was a card limit and sometimes a partition limit.
Yep, the behavior was "undefined" across various devices, especially going past 4GB. The joy when larger cards worked out!!
Those were some of the best CF cards made.
Seconded. The only flash memory card that has died AND led to regrets is an OG Lexar 256MB CF way back when. Shied away from them for years after that.

Back