The Division NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft has put out another trailer for The Division. This time around the focus is on the NVIDIA’s GameWorks Technologies featured in the PC version of the game. If you are a GeForce owner and plan on picking up The Division when it ships, this video will definitely be of interest to you.

I was running the open beta or whatever and I had it maxed out and it looked nothing like this video. Everything was washed out and ugly and it was running @ like 30 fps with the cap removed and v-sync off. Honestly it was one of the ugliest things I had ever seen.

Reactions: Yakk
like this
Eh this game will be unknown in the next 5 months just like SW battlefront, destiny, and any other big name hyped up game. There seems to be a pattern with building up hype for instant sales then dropping ship later on

Salty blameworks tears in 3...2...
1...GO!

c990c68d2d7ba4ffd3e9b0668a5a1b59f218af72b68418c9763460c5ea1565b9_1.jpg

I was running the open beta or whatever and I had it maxed out and it looked nothing like this video.

Same here...unless they drastically changed the graphics from the beta, this video seems questionable.

like this
I tried the open beta, literally for 15 minutes and thought this shit is boring. Nothing but bullet sponges. Uninstalled the game.

Can't watch the vid right now, but isn't this the over the shoulder view game? No thanks, yuck

I tried the open beta, literally for 15 minutes and thought this shit is boring. Nothing but bullet sponges. Uninstalled the game.
It IS an RPG, not an FPS. So, when you overhand chop a skeleton in Skyrim with an axe the size of your head and it takes 3 swipes at lvl1, and 1 swipe at lvl5... same here. Gain levels, get better guns, do more damage, etc.
That said, thanks all for the feedback, folks. I played the demo on the XBone, and I thought it was fun enough, but the performance concerns me, PARTICULARLY being a Ubisoft (AN Ubisoft??) game.

Gameworks or not if the game has the same AI it had in the beta then no thanks.

That's the biggest thing that bugged me. Graphics, I can deal with. They were pretty nice. Not as good as I expected, but not disappointed.

AI was shit. I would run by an AI guy, and he'd just keep running to my previous position. Easy kills.

GameWorks.... I use AMD right now, so I don't get to use it. But, I don't like proprietary shit. It does more harm than good, IMO.

like this
That's the biggest thing that bugged me. Graphics, I can deal with. They were pretty nice. Not as good as I expected, but not disappointed.

AI was shit. I would run by an AI guy, and he'd just keep running to my previous position. Easy kills.

GameWorks.... I use AMD right now, so I don't get to use it. But, I don't like proprietary shit. It does more harm than good, IMO.
I was actually pretty impressed with the AI. In groups of 3+ they had some pretty sick flanking maneuvers, suppressing fire and use of cover and grenades. There was one section in MSG that was a real toughie. Now, I was on XBONE, so the controller may hamper me enough to make it seem harder....

It IS an RPG, not an FPS. So, when you overhand chop a skeleton in Skyrim with an axe the size of your head and it takes 3 swipes at lvl1, and 1 swipe at lvl5... same here. Gain levels, get better guns, do more damage, etc.
That said, thanks all for the feedback, folks. I played the demo on the XBone, and I thought it was fun enough, but the performance concerns me, PARTICULARLY being a Ubisoft (AN Ubisoft??) game.

Blame consoles, Ubisoft has done a lot in actually trying to push the console specs unfortunately there's only so much they can do and they have to keep downgrading to meet in the middle.

Arkham Knight anyone?

I'm tired of low quality and lower performance console ports. These games run like crap on beastly computers. They look like crap for the level of performance you are getting. Every video I have seen of the Beta makes this game look flat and lifeless. Not to mention the completely uninspiring game play.

I have not understood the year (or longer) of breathless fan hype for this game. It was never going to look as good as that first trailer. It was never going to be some revolutionary piece of tech. That's not what these big publishers deliver anymore. Incremental iteration, developed on the console first, is all we get.

Some of the graphics videos coming out do seem oddly high fidelity compared to what we experienced. Did anyone here play the beta on full with an Nvidia card? Now, it's possible they withheld certain features (they did this a lot on the beta) to make people test what they wanted to test. But with Ubi's track record of denying downgrades to hype videos, I don't trust them.

The AI in beta was hit or miss. There were times where they seemed incredibly smart and other times where they seemed incredibly dumb - civilian AI especially.

The fact they came out and said they fixed all of the stuff reported in the open beta is strange as well. That's a lot of bugs to squash in the span of two weeks (game went gold).

I went in to the beta with the same feeling. In fact, i didn't even use my closed beta code because when the bullet sponge videos came out, I lost interest. Once I played for a few hours in SP and the DZ, I got hooked. Yes, they take a lot to take down until you get a good gun - I picked up a high-powered SCAR in SP and was able to start dropping tangos left and right. The minute I stopped viewing it as a shooter and more of as an RPG with shooter aesthetics, I liked it. I've never been into RPGs because of the usual fantasy dwarf/elf/realm like aspect. But this one was fun.

Plus, the boss battles brought back memories of older games where you had to use unique tactics to take down a powerful boss. I struggled and died a lot with the boss in the subway mission, until I started using a hit and run tactic. I wasn't a high-enough level to survive his onslaught straight on for more than a few seconds - since I jumped right into that mission. So I started retreating, using the environment (setting traps and flanking), and other assorted tactics. It brought back memories of when games where challenging and you had to solve a puzzle, not the usual hand holding they do now.

Last edited:
Tried out the beta and was bored the first night. Won't be buying this title until it hits the $5-10 bargain sale.

Arkham Knight anyone?

I'm tired of low quality and lower performance console ports. These games run like crap on beastly computers. They look like crap for the level of performance you are getting. Every video I have seen of the Beta makes this game look flat and lifeless. Not to mention the completely uninspiring game play.

Oh please, Arkham Knight was a total disaster for PC. You're Over-exaggerating

Oh please, Arkham Knight was a total disaster for PC. You're Over-exaggerating
Fair enough. Maybe it's more on the order of Watch Dogs.

Either way, I've never felt anything but apathy for this game, so I am having a very difficult time understanding why anyone was looking forward to it.

Either way, I've never felt anything but apathy for this game, so I am having a very difficult time understanding why anyone was looking forward to it.

Because it's a third-person MMO shooter, instead of yet another Fantasy MMO retread.

That's like me saying I didn't like Forza 6 because there were no explosions or guns I could attach to the car, or the fact there wasn't any red or blue shell powerups to run over. The game isn't a hyper-realistic FPS, it's more akin to World of Warcraft, or other MMO's.

Fair enough. Maybe it's more on the order of Watch Dogs.

Because, shocker, some people may like things that you don't like.

That's like me saying I didn't like Forza 6 because there were no explosions or guns I could attach to the car, or the fact there wasn't any red or blue shell powerups to run over. The game isn't a hyper-realistic FPS, it's more akin to World of Warcraft, or other MMO's.
That doesnt even make sense because why would a racing sim have explosions or guns? He is right, the enemies are bullet sponges and i see this game being fun for a week untill it gets repetitive. "oh look another purple tier M4, but this time this one adds and extra 1% reload time" The beta was fun for like 20 min with my friend. We finally got to lvl 8 and went to the dark zone. I asked him ok cool so now what do we do here. All he said was loot and kill people. That got boring within 5 min. Yes i know it was only a beta and there is more to be had, but if the game is anything like the beta i know i will get bored within a week and probably never play it again.

That doesnt even make sense because why would a racing sim have explosions or guns? He is right, the enemies are bullet sponges and i see this game being fun for a week untill it gets repetitive. "oh look another purple tier M4, but this time this one adds and extra 1% reload time" The beta was fun for like 20 min with my friend. We finally got to lvl 8 and went to the dark zone. I asked him ok cool so now what do we do here. All he said was loot and kill people. That got boring within 5 min. Yes i know it was only a beta and there is more to be had, but if the game is anything like the beta i know i will get bored within a week and probably never play it again.

See that's the problem, you're thinking of The Division like it's another TPS, it's not. Ever wonder what makes mobile games so addicting to some people?

See that's the problem, you're thinking of The Division like it's another TPS, it's not. Ever wonder what makes mobile games so addicting to some people?
I guess its just not the game for me then, when i unload a clip into a guys head i expect him to die, not only lose 1/4 health then proceed to wreck me. Guess thats why i never played WoW or the like. And yes i question all the time how people can get so invlolved with mobile games when most of them are like chores. Clash of clans you do you daily activities and then you wait for the cooldown to expire or pay real money to keep on going.

I guess its just not the game for me then, when i unload a clip into a guys head i expect him to die, not only lose 1/4 health then proceed to wreck me. Guess thats why i never played WoW or the like. And yes i question all the time how people can get so invlolved with mobile games when most of them are like chores. Clash of clans you do you daily activities and then you wait for the cooldown to expire or pay real money to keep on going.

I forgot the name for it but the concept of addicting games is small constant rewards rather than single large payoffs. To keep people invested the trick is to just throw numbers and points at them constantly, as the user sees larger numbers they feel like they're gaining something or progressing. This logic basically applies to all markets. That's why MMOs like WoW are so popular because the objective is to scale rewards onto the player. Little by little give them something to work towards so they can climb the tower of gear progression.

I forgot the name for it but the concept of addicting games is small constant rewards rather than single large payoffs. To keep people invested the trick is to just throw numbers and points at them constantly, as the user sees larger numbers they feel like they're gaining something or progressing. This logic basically applies to all markets. That's why MMOs like WoW are so popular because the objective is to scale rewards onto the player. Little by little give them something to work towards so they can climb the tower of gear progression.
I can see that and my game of choice is CS:GO which my goal is to get better everyday and constantly improve my skill.

I can see that and my game of choice is CS:GO which my goal is to get better everyday and constantly improve my skill.

But valve still capitalized on the concept by introducting chests and keys ;) It's essentially a virtual lotto ticket that gets handed out every few hours which you have to pay to scratch off. That's the genius of the idea, they give you the reward but charge you to open it thus making you feel obligated.

But valve still capitalized on the concept by introducting chests and keys ;) It's essentially a virtual lotto ticket that gets handed out every few hours which you have to pay to scratch off. That's the genius of the idea, they give you the reward but charge you to open it thus making you feel obligated.
Good thing about skins is they add no benefit to the game other than cosmetic, you can still go pro with the default skins. But then again skins=wins.

Good thing about skins is they add no benefit to the game other than cosmetic, you can still go pro with the default skins. But then again skins=wins.

Buying cosmetics in a video game is akin to clothes shopping, and we all know how much people enjoy that. Gamers will pay for that awesome rare Armani AK or Gucci Knife. I am curious as to the numbers valve makes off the market but if their profit of $730mil in 2014 is anything to go by then yeah.. you can see why they haven't bothered making new games. EZ$

Buying cosmetics in a video game is akin to clothes shopping, and we all know how much people enjoy that. Gamers will pay for that awesome rare Armani AK or Gucci Knife. I am curious as to the numbers valve makes off the market but if their profit of $730mil in 2014 is anything to go by then yeah.. you can see why they haven't bothered making new games. EZ$
Yet this still give Dota 2 more attention =(

It makes perfect sense -- you just have your mind locked into the notion of what a game "should be". Hell we have games where mini-rc cars play soccar in space arenas... should I complain that there's no possible way a min-rc car could make a soccer ball fly in that manner while performing a rocket boost? You just answered your own question by asking why would a racing sim have explosions or guns.

Why would an MMO style game have 1 shot 1 kill? You are getting all bent out of shape and shitting on a game you really don't seem to understand. I personally have never gotten into WoW or Everquest or any of those sorts of games, but I don't go around bashing what other people obviously are enjoying.

I find it quite ironic that your main gripe is repetitiveness - remind me what a CS:Go match is all about every round? Oh thats right, the same thing over and over.

It makes perfect sense -- you just have your mind locked into the notion of what a game "should be". Hell we have games where mini-rc cars play soccar in space arenas... should I complain that there's no possible way a min-rc car could make a soccer ball fly in that manner while performing a rocket boost? You just answered your own question by asking why would a racing sim have explosions or guns.

Why would an MMO style game have 1 shot 1 kill? You are getting all bent out of shape and shitting on a game you really don't seem to understand. I personally have never gotten into WoW or Everquest or any of those sorts of games, but I don't go around bashing what other people obviously are enjoying.

I find it quite ironic that your main gripe is repetitiveness - remind me what a CS:Go match is all about every round? Oh thats right, the same thing over and over.
im not bashing anyone, i am just giving my opinion and experience i had with the game. I do have a pretty good understanding of what the game is and at its core its a grind fest/loot fest. There is your basic hostage missions, your kill the main boss and his body guards and others that have been done before. And you may think that CS:GO matches are repetitive but the really arent. every round plays different because you have to take the other teams economy into consideration plus what play they are going to do and where they are sending people. While in the divsion you just go around looting and killing others in the DZ for their loot. My actual biggest gripe with the game was its controls, there is no jumping and i have never been a fan of cover based shooters and this one seems to love having you use cover all the time. Whatever doesnt really matter what i say because i wont be getting the game so youll never have to play with me, im done being burned by hyped up games that die in a few months just like star wars battlefront.

im not bashing anyone, i am just giving my opinion and experience i had with the game. I do have a pretty good understanding of what the game is and at its core its a grind fest/loot fest. There is your basic hostage missions, your kill the main boss and his body guards and others that have been done before. And you may think that CS:GO matches are repetitive but the really arent. every round plays different because you have to take the other teams economy into consideration plus what play they are going to do and where they are sending people. While in the divsion you just go around looting and killing others in the DZ for their loot. My actual biggest gripe with the game was its controls, there is no jumping and i have never been a fan of cover based shooters and this one seems to love having you use cover all the time. Whatever doesnt really matter what i say because i wont be getting the game so youll never have to play with me, im done being burned by hyped up games that die in a few months just like star wars battlefront.

I will agree about the Star Wars Battlefront -- it was like TitanFall and Battlefield had a retarded baby, they stripped it down, skinned it with Star Wars theme and sold it. This was all due to the huge push of the new Star Wars movie coming out, whatever "success" it had, rode on the coat tails that is "star wars'. You can put star wars on anything.... ANYTHING... and people will buy it. Need a Star Wars toilet plunger? Or how about a C3PO beep-boop-beeping Star Wars vibrator? I'd be willing to say I could take a shit, and if by some stroke of luck it came out looking like Jabba the Hutt, I could find someone on ebay that would buy it.

EA whored out their Battlefield engine/setup to Hardline, then Star Wars... it must truly be nice to own something that prints money whenever you want it to :)

Back