Testing a GTX980 Ti SLI overclock and Asus realbench.

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
Hi all, I'm trying to test the overclock two gtx980 ti.
I can play 1400mhz without any problems with all games even in 4k but I have problems in running asus realbench with clocked carda.

If I overclock the cards even of only 100MHz I sometimes get video driver crash or system freeze since the video driver is not able to recover.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
I noticed that this problems happen only with two cards.

Isn't the point of RealBench to stress your hardware? Sounds like your PC isn't fully stable at your attempted overclock, so either you try to get RealBench stable or you just stop thinking about it. Often synthetic benchmarks push the PC harder than real games so PC problems are easier to find there.

If your goal was to pas the RealBench testing, try adjusting your voltage or turning down your clocks to find the point at which it passes.

Which part of RealBench is causing the crash? I read about driver crashes that happen at the end of the run with SLI systems only in a thread on ASUS ROG forums.

If you want a similar and in my opinion much better system benchmarking suite try SPECviewperf 12: SPECviewperf® 12

See if that one is causing the same problems with SLI enabled.

Which part of RealBench is causing the crash? I read about driver crashes that happen at the end of the run with SLI systems only in a thread on ASUS ROG forums.

If you want a similar and in my opinion much better system benchmarking suite try SPECviewperf 12: SPECviewperf® 12

See if that one is causing the same problems with SLI enabled.

with latest driver my PC freeze and I need to reboot, never happened before.

do you have extra voltage? real bench tests GPU too and not just CPU so your GPU is crashing in a render test or whatever. If your GPUs are good in everything else just don't run real bench with GPU test enabled if you want to test CPU.

my guess you need more voltage. As i said before my card crashes at stock OC without extra voltage....POS #$&#$&$^$&

After some research (and reproducing it myself with 2 Titan X) I found the problem being the Luxmark test that is part of RealBench.

I also found information that this is a known bug by Nvidia that has been around for a while and not fixed yet:

Page 16, known issues:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

[Luxmark 3.0, Windows 10 TH2] Display driver stopped responding while running benchmark LuxBall HDR (Simple Bechmark:217K triangles). [200153736]

It's possible that this is exactly what ASUS RealBench does and what causes the TDR and/or lockup. Why this does not happen in single GPU mode I can't tell. Both a single Titan X and a Quadro M5000 I got passed RealBench just fine.

Thank you all guys.
I just opened the thread to know if there is someone else experiencing this problem.

After some research (and reproducing it myself with 2 Titan X) I found the problem being the Luxmark test that is part of RealBench.

I also found information that this is a known bug by Nvidia that has been around for a while and not fixed yet:

Page 16, known issues:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

[Luxmark 3.0, Windows 10 TH2] Display driver stopped responding while running benchmark LuxBall HDR (Simple Bechmark:217K triangles). [200153736]

It's possible that this is exactly what ASUS RealBench does and what causes the TDR and/or lockup. Why this does not happen in single GPU mode I can't tell. Both a single Titan X and a Quadro M5000 I got passed RealBench just fine.
nice!

Page 16, known issues:

if the driver stop responding, can the system freeze?

Back