Square Enix Hops On Board: Bringing Hit Games to NVIDIA SHIELD

HardOCP News

[H] News
Five hit games from Square Enix will be coming to NVIDIA SHIELD, including Tomb Raider (2013), which launches today and will be available for GeForce Now members to stream for free. Subsequent launches will include Sleeping Dogs, Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light, Quantum Conundrum, and Murdered: Soul Suspect. These are just the first set of games from Square Enix’s game portfolio that will be coming to SHIELD. Like Tomb Raider, we’re releasing these games over the course of this year on SHIELD for GeForce NOW members.

Including the Square Enix titles, GeForce NOW will include more than 80 games members can play instantly on SHIELD. SHIELD owners tell us that they love action-adventure games, and the award-winning Tomb Raider is one of our favorites. Square Enix is the latest publisher to bring their franchises to the SHIELD platform. More and more publishers are seeing the potential for the SHIELD platform to transform the way gamers enjoy their games.

With a growing portfolio of PC quality games on NVIDIA SHIELD, there’s never been a better time for gamers to get SHIELD. You’ll enjoy the fastest streaming media device, 4K support, and instant access to our GeForce NOW game-streaming service. The first three months of GeForce NOW membership is free, and then it’s just $7.99 per month. So get a SHIELD today and transform your living-room entertainment experience.

Love my Shield TV. Still not totally sold on the GeForce NOW service. Back when it was the GRID beta I played several games on it and some worked alright and others didn't really work well at all. Driving and fighting games in particular seemed to lag just a tiny fraction of a second too much to be totally playable. That being said I do like their "pay one price and get a Steam key and GeForce NOW access" for certain games. Streaming off my own PC is absolutely sublime and still my favorite way to play some games like Rocket League.

Back