Splitter = for USB-C connector cable

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Long story short, my case and a drive bay add-in panel both have USB-C ports. The case has a cable that plugs into the right motherboard connector, but I have no way to support the USB-C port on the add-in panel.

I have looked for a splitter, but with no luck. Does it exist? Any "creative solutions" out there?

This diagram is from my motherboard manual.

1702011231053.png

What he said, either adapt a 20-pin header to type-e, or get a pcie card with a type-e connector on it.

Edit: something like this: EZDIY-FAB USB3.2 Gen2x2 Type-E Front Panel Internal Expansion Card 20 Gbps PCI Express 3.0 X4 Adapter for Desktop PCs (ASM3242) https://a.co/d/dbF7an4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, I am resigned to that approach, rather than a "pure" USB C path.

Long story short, my case and a drive bay add-in panel both have USB-C ports. The case has a cable that plugs into the right motherboard connector, but I have no way to support the USB-C port on the add-in panel.

I have looked for a splitter, but with no luck. Does it exist? Any "creative solutions" out there?

This diagram is from my motherboard manual.

View attachment 618763
What does the add-in panel look like and how is it connected to the board? (picture?)

The internal connector on the motherboard for "pure" USB-C, is called a Type-E. I couldn't find any splitters.

The internal connector on the motherboard for "pure" USB-C, is called a Type-E. I couldn't find any splitters.
I know about Type E. I also could not any splitters. Hoping that someone here knew about them, because the guys on this forum are awesome.

Back