Sony GDM-FW900 Flat Widescreen 24" FD Trinitron CRT Monitor

Witacha

n00b
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204418415820

20230524_090607.jpg
20230524_090415.jpg
20230524_090630.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204418415820

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"Factory anti glare was previously removed to enhance clarity and contrast"
"$1000"

Yeah, no.
Is the anti-static part of that coating? I ended up removing an already damaged coating on an XBR960 and the anti-static was part of it. I regret doing it, but anti-static solution is doing the job well enough.

Is the anti-static part of that coating? I ended up removing an already damaged coating on an XBR960 and the anti-static was part of it. I regret doing it, but anti-static solution is doing the job well enough.
It is. But the bigger issue is blacks/contrast is destroyed in all but very dark conditions.

It is. But the bigger issue is blacks/contrast is destroyed in all but very dark conditions.
I see, thanks. It's similar with my XBR. Moderate light control is sufficient for most content, but reflections are intolerable with bright lighting or sunlight.

I had a wega monitor similar to that but beige. I still use its power cable on my personal computers through the years lol. Was a great monitor. 85lbs of hernia inducing, desk crushing goodness.

R.I.P.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I had a wega monitor similar to that but beige. I still use its power cable on my personal computers through the years lol. Was a great monitor. 85lbs of hernia inducing, desk crushing goodness.

R.I.P.
A beast among beasts. My Diamondtron rebrand is only around 67lbs according to specs.

I literally left mine at a B&B after coming home from college because all my bags wouldn't fit in the trunk with it there.
Ooof... Bet you wish you had the room now, huh?

In all seriousness, I understand why you left it. Lugging around CRTs is definitely one thing I don't miss.

Ooof... Bet you wish you had the room now, huh?

In all seriousness, I understand why you left it. Lugging around CRTs is definitely one thing I don't miss.
We’re on the precipice of OLED BFI monitors being a reality. Will the first ones be as good as CRT in the motion clarity department? No, but it brings us one step closer to CRT only having one real advantage over modern displays (scan out any resolution as native). While I’m annoyed it took this long. I’m happy to see it all coming together.

We’re on the precipice of OLED BFI monitors being a reality. Will the first ones be as good as CRT in the motion clarity department? No, but it brings us one step closer to CRT only having one real advantage over modern displays (scan out any resolution as native). While I’m annoyed it took this long. I’m happy to see it all coming together.
Maybe, we'll see. It's still CRT>Plasma>OLED for me currently.

I literally left mine at a B&B after coming home from college because all my bags wouldn't fit in the trunk with it there.

Same, I had a 200lbs Sony WEGA that just didn't move so I listed it for free, first come first serve. RIP the last HDMI CRT.

Back