So I bought a Titan... A770 (an Arc OC thread!)

Some fancy caps, too!
Yeah all solid polymer, not a single aluminum can in sight. That's surely helping the OC results ^_^
Eventually I'll properly scope the VCore and check ripple... There's not much space for more caps on the output side but I could easily add a bunch more input capacitance if I so wish.

Pulling 433w is pretty good.. my 4090 only pulls like 360w under load.. but I don’t always run the afterburner OSD while playing games.. I bet it’s getting near 400w when in extreme duress.

Last edited:
Pulling 433w is pretty good.. my 4090 only pulls like 360w under load.. but I don’t always run the afterburner OSD while playing games.. I bet it’s getting near 400w when in extreme duress.
For some reason, TimeSpy makes Arc use outrageous amounts of power with PL lifted. Cyberpunk 2077 "only" pushes the card to 300-340W at 1.3V.
But yeah... With the Big OC this thing is going to AD102/GA102 power levels. Which is pretty wild for a chip the size of GA104/AD103, but then I am running this thing 200mV above what the NV cards will do. At some point I'm gonna stick the EVC on my 3090Ti- I shudder to think what that will pull at 1.2-1.3V but it's in a loop and has a 22-phase *70A VRM so it'll be fine. I could daily that thing at 700W without stressing the VRM in the slightest!
My 7900XT is gonna hit epic power levels with an overvolt too, considering it rides the 390W PL at 1V or less- I am a little worried abt that one with only a 12ph *70A VRM.

This week I went for the Big 3Ghz OC with an ice bucket!

IMG_20240403_212411664_HDR~2.jpg

I had to raise voltage to around 1.35V... peep that power draw!

IMG_20240403_222804965_HDR~2.jpg

At the end of three benching sessions over two days and 49lbs of ice melted with the power of Alchemist, I managed a Timespy run at 3077Mhz and got #2 on HWBot / #1 on Futuremark for A770

A770-16737-Valid-withArcTool.jpg

And to wrap things up I played some Cyberpunk 2077 at 3Ghz :)

View: https://youtu.be/jOf8V5TcSVI

Wow amazing! I thought these things had some real potential regarding core speed but this is insane. Crazy mods and power levels looks like fun.

Wow amazing! I thought these things had some real potential regarding core speed but this is insane. Crazy mods and power levels looks like fun.
Yeah there's a decent bit of headroom on these cards, more than on Radeon/GeForce at least.

And there's even more Arc OC secrets I haven't yet learned!
Check out the current A770 TimeSpy WR
HWbot link
Futuremark link
17,953pts in GFX :eek: that's like in stock RTX 3080 territory and miles ahead of my result in #2 and Skatterbenchers previous WR (now #3) that I barely surpassed on my ice bucket run. That suggests someone was able to run an A770 bench at (I estimate) around 3.5Ghz, astounding stuff, would love to know how it was done. Big numbers indeed.

Turns out the secret, was that their score was invalid...

Last edited:
Back