Scary Games thread

OK scojer and Armenius, looks like we're doing this. (y)

I suppose this can serve as the official [H]orror games thread. Some of them like Amnesia: The Bunker will likely deserve their own, but we can drop those in here also with a link the respective threads if you want. Others, like really short experimental horror games or PS1 style games aren't likely to be popular enough to need their own threads unless they are particularly noteworthy.

I've been down quite the rabbit hole of retro and horror gaming lately, so I have quite a few in queue that I can post prior to Halloween 2024 :vamp:

Here's a freebie: Unsorted Horror: A collection of 5 short first person horror games by Mike Klubnika

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2433730/Unsorted_Horror/

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dead Space... I haven't played the remake but the original Dead Space had great sound effects, some good jump scares and tense moments.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dead Space... I haven't played the remake but the original Dead Space had great sound effects, some good jump scares and tense moments.
It was mentioned a couple of times on the last page, but not since the necro.

To your point, absolutely - a true staple of the genre. I'm really glad the remake not only happened, but was well done, which helped bring some love and attention back to the series. Same for System Shock.

Couple of random games I've recently played - Aliens Dark Descent, and SOMA - both scary in their own ways, both fantastic!

Back