Samsung S27A950D Review

People have no sense of style. The S27A950D stand owns... :D

I am really loving this monitor. I just received mine. Hopefully NCX will post up some input lag numbers so that I don't have to! So far it seems fairly snappy so I think the number should be somewhat low.

So Vega, are you going to get 2 more of these for a triple monitor setup?
BTW insane system you have there. How long did it take to build? Is all the silicone there to stop water from condensing on your components?

So I've been spending more time with 3D and it's actually pretty good. (I'm using a nvidia card if you're wondering). Youtube3D is excellent in side by side. Some scenes have a little bit of crosstalk, I don't think this is something you can get around but it really doesn't take away from the viewing experience at all for me.

I'm still fighting with the Tridef software (it's mostly steam that's the problem since I have to get it to start steam with the profile of the game i'm going to be playing then if I want to play something else I have to exit steam and start it with a different profile) but one game that supports 3D on its own is Crysis 2. I just installed the dx11 and high res texture updates and it looks good in 3D.

Personally I prefer watching videos and movies in 3D but enjoy games more in 2D so really in the end I have nothing bad to say about this monitor!

Oh and the design is starting to grow on me. At first I was kind of skeptical of the "folded paper" design but after having this sitting on my desk for a week it's now the centerpiece of the room.

The problem I have is that the U2711 and this monitor are $80 of each other, with this being the cheaper monitor.

Do you think the 3D and 120Hz is worth the reduced resolution and backlight bleeding? I read your full review, which made it harder to come to a conclusion. Problem is that I do a little bit of everything on my monitor (game, work (mainly with browsers and word), and occassionally watch movies.

If you aren't a hardcore gamer I wouldn't bother, and if you are working with web browsers+word you need to stay as far away as possible from all the IPS displays except for the Hazro HZ27WA/C Reivew or Apple ACD due to the aggressive AG coating.

I would look at getting 2x HP 2509B Review (200$ Best Buy) or 25/2711x (nicer bezels) for productivity+text clarity and gaming. HP sells the X models in a bundled deal online.

Edit: I figured the differences in model were just regional code, but later posters have indicated that the T27A950 is different than the S27A950D.

The Samsung T27A950 is now on DigitalVersus's "Product Face-Offs" page, and literally all of the results are terrible :(

More ghosting then 60hz sets, 43.2 ms input lag (!), below average contrast, and poor panel uniformity??

IF they thought it sucked so "terrible" why did they give it 5 stars?

"There's no two ways about it: the Samsung SyncMaster T27A950 is the best TV-monitor hybrid we've ever tested, and it's almost as good at faking 3D as it is at showing genuine 3D content. That said, its competitors still have an advantage in certain areas."

Once they performed color calibration it was accurate. Below average contrast was their main "con" listing.

I have the Asus and it has just as good color presets, responsiveness, better contrast and my unit has no backlight bleeding. I will get around to doing a full write up.

I took a bunch of game pictures of it with the out of the box settings here
http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/g...-videogames-blu-ray-hdtv-pic-thread*-420.html

I'd be very interested to know how you feel about trading the S27A950D for the Asus NCX.

I currently have the Samsung but I'm probably returning it. It has issues but there is no way in hell I can go back to 60Hz now.

Hi,

I have a weird small problem with this monitor and hope someone can verify it.

I have connected this monitor to my computer via Display Port

When I install the drivers for the monitor and choose Display Port it comes up in device manager as Samsung S27A950D -Display Port

But if the computer wakes up from sleep I hear a windows sound (same sound that when you plug in a usb device in your usb) the screen flickers once and goes back to generic display in device manager.
So basically every time my computer wakes up from sleep the monitor "reinstall itself" as generic display!

anyone ??

Back