rx 6800 plus power supply question

the snake

[H]ard|Gawd
so i have a new rx6800 card and a corsair rm1000e power supply, my question is the card takes two 8 pin connectors, the power supply also has 1 pci-e cable that has a Modular PCIe Cable (8-PIN) (6+2)/(6+2) which means the non power supply end has a pigtail with two 6+2 connectors. the card directions say to use "two PCI-e cables" so i can't use this cable with the pigtail right ?

i need to use the other two PCI-e 6+2 cables on card instead of one cable ?

i just want to make sure i don't over power the card and fry anything.

maybe i'm over thinking this LOL

so i have a new rx6800 card and a corsair rm1000e power supply, my question is the card takes two 8 pin connectors, the power supply also has 1 pci-e cable that has a Modular PCIe Cable (8-PIN) (6+2)/(6+2) which means the non power supply end has a pigtail with two 6+2 connectors. the card directions say to use "two PCI-e cables" so i can't use this cable with the pigtail right ?

i need to use the other two PCI-e 6+2 cables on card instead of one cable ?

i just want to make sure i don't over power the card and fry anything.

maybe i'm over thinking this LOL
The split connector will work and meets minimum specs. Using dual connectors is considered best practice, particularly if you intend to overclock. Why spend money on a nice GPU then cheap out on the connectors?

thanks for the advice guys, i just wasn't sure if using 2 separate cables would pull more watts through power supply but i guess the card will pull what it needs, i have it as 2 separate 6+2 cables now, i can see it being better on the cables for maybe balancing the power delivery and not over loading cables, am i right ?

Back