Roundup review of fanless coolers

Hello,
I introduce myself, I am anthony (alias thony), creator and author of this blog.
Sorry for my English, I use google trad, it is not perfect :D
To prove that this is the month, here is a picture of the 5 radiators that is not present on the blog (a bit poor ...)

Thank you for sharing my blog on this forum, fanless product testing are so rare (and when there are, they are not necessarily very well done), to have international influence is a very good thing (Again thank you to Fanlesstech elsewhere who brought my blog to many people).

I updated articles that night with the addition of the latest tests.
The NoFan CR-100A is a marvel, it would be that this kind of solution is democratized for somewhat lower prices and more easily found in stores (or even NoFan, relatively few distributed in France unfortunately).
Zalman FX70 is doing very well too, smaller, cheaper, better distributed. Zalman designed to a very good product here.

If you have any questions on testing, testing protocol, results of a particular graphic, info (voltage, consumption, temperatures, ...) that you would like to know, tell me and I will try to 'best meet them.
I opted for a blog in French but largely understandable to using an online translator for foreigners and with fairly simple graphics, I hope :)

I hope too, add soon new tests such as arctic alpine passive M1 or other tests cpu (i7 4770K, cpu AMD, ...) with the same radiators)

Bye,
Thony94

Have Nofan fixed the base problem with the CR-80? The one where different thermal expansion rates cause the base to come loose?

Hello,
I did not blunder this kind of problem and after some research I saw your post here about this problem:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040425680&postcount=9
I had already seen on other forum before my test the mediocre performance of the radiator but no such worries, I will repeat some tests this week with this rad and look more closely at the problems of deformation. I'll let you know.

Yes, the problem is really only relevant after heat cycling several times - run the tests, let the system cool down, repeat several times, remove the cooler, and see the wobble. Now imagine repeating that hundreds of times with the looseness increasing each time.

Hello,
Sorry for the wait time between tests and holidays in France at the moment, I do not have too much time to return give an answer :(

After several tests I have not observed deformation (not visible to the naked eye anyway) despite several test more than 90 ° C but over a longer period (several months) it is possible that expansion appears ... :/
the fastening system with plate stuck directly to the base of the radiator is not very reassuring and it is likely that expansion at this level is possible ...

But even if I did not notice this worries, CR80 performance is pretty bad, as you said on another subject, the CR95 and CR100 are really great but the CR80 is not super .. . :( (low-cost product ?)

Otherwise info for Saturday reception of AM1 platform (Athlon 5350) with arctic alpine M1 passive radiator, results very soon on the blog :)

Back