ROG STRIX B760-I Issue with drivers

Lamont

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm banging my head against the wall here. Installed all the drivers and searched as well as I could, but several items are still not installing on this mobo. What the heck is missing?

Clean Windows 11 Pro install

ROG STRIX B760-I​

IMG_1580.jpeg

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you!

I'm banging my head against the wall here. Installed all the drivers and searched as well as I could, but several items are still not installing on this mobo. What the heck is missing?

Clean Windows 11 Pro install

ROG STRIX B760-I​

View attachment 613694

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you!
That's the chipset drivers missing.

This person posts very latest drivers relevant to all Asus boards. They used to post this on the Asus forums. But I think the threads got axed for some reason:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/index-all-my-drivers-firmware-software-threads.11360/

You need to click on all of these:

Mobo Chipset, Intel Management Engine, and Raid/VMD controller. (FYI, you should install the Management Engine from the Asus support page. This generic install often doesn't properly detect Asus mobos).
[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx)

Serial IO driver
[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

GNA driver (usually must be first enabled in the bios, on Asus. Its hardware acceleration for speech to text/recognition, or something like that)
[DRIVERS] Intel IPF-DTT/GNA (5xx/6xx/7xx)

Ethernet/Wifi/Bluetooth
[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

YMMV here. Its not the easiest to parse which one you need. Also don't forget the Realtek control panel from the Windows store, after you install the driver.
[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

Driver for the graphics on your CPU
[DRIVERS] Intel iGPU (11xxx/12xxx/13xxx/14xxx CPU)

Microcode update for your CPU. You must have the Management Engine Interface installed, first. FYI this usually doesn't work for me, unless I have the MEI installed from the Asus support page. Rather than the link above.
[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690/B760/H770/Z790)

If you want to get them from Asus support page for the B760-I (Although they often lag behind on posting the latest drivers), make sure to click the "show all" button, for each section of drivers:

Attachments

• AsusDriverspage.png
    AsusDriverspage.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AsusDriverspageExpanded.png
    AsusDriverspageExpanded.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
On Intel systems, once I get everything installed, I usually do run the Intel Driver Update Asisstant 24/7 in my taskbar. And it alerts for updates to Intel Graphics and Wifi/Bluetooth.

Thanks everyone. No more yellow warnings :). It was a bit of carelessness on my part. First time I installed Armoury Crate and let it do it's thing. Once that failed, I went to the site and thought I got everything, but it wasn't the case.

I just got this board for my new build, does this happen every and I have to go and download each driver separately? Or it's a one off.

I would avoid Armoury Crate and get each one and expand the drop down.

I just got this board for my new build, does this happen every and I have to go and download each driver separately? Or it's a one off.
They are all separate drivers. So to update them, its all still separate. And Intel's Driver & Support Assistant, only detects updates for Intel Graphics, Wifi, and Bluetooth. it doesn't do any of the other stuff. Its dumb.

Most of them eventually come through Windows update. But they lag behind the latest updates.

yes. every time you reinstall windows, you will need to install the drivers.
I personally dont want extra intell crap running in the background so i do it manually. you can always save them on a usb to get up a going quick after a rebuild. then just let windows update(optionals) update them from there.

Back