Restarts w/ Geforce FX 5700 Ultra

NotSoSimple

[H]F Junkie
I bought and installed a Geforce FX 5700 Ultra, installed the drivers that were on the CD, and started to benchmark it with 3DMark03. Well it restarts my computer before even finishing the first test. Also sometimes when I change resolutions on my second monitor (Im dual monitor: Primary on VGA and secondary on DVI Out) my computer restarts.

Someone told me that its NVidias drivers, so I got the newest drivers via NVidia.com. It still restarts! I have the 43.45, 45.33, and 53.03 Drivers, but they wont install. I boot into Safe Mode, uninstall my 5700, then start installing the drivers, and it says it has to restart in order for the program to run. So I restart, once in Safe Mode, once in regular, and the program never comes back up. How can I fix this?

The same thing happened to me.
Either your powersupply is the culprit (not enough juice). or
There is a bug in the Nvidia drivers that causes the FX cards to draw more power than they need thus if your powersupply is around 300w it will restart your computer...
I read this over at the EVGA.Com forums....

Well I dont think its the power supply...I have a failry new 460watt Enermax with awesome rails...I never had a problem with my power before.

I have another problem after using Driver Cleaner....Now there is no Display Adaptor in my Device Manager. I cant get ANY drivers to install. My computer eaither keeps restarting on install or the driver install prompts me to restart so the program can run once restarted, and the program never comes up. HELP!

edit:
Voltage Rails on PS:
+3.3=35a
+5=35a
+12=33a

Actual rails via MBM5=
+3.3=3.5
+5=5.13
+12=12.48

Alrighty...The restarts have stopped! I took out the VidCard, put it back in, and changed with 4-Pin Molex connector it was drawing power from. Before I was using a connector that was daisy chained to other stuff (Hard Drives)...I questioned it when I first installed it, stupid me :p.

Im getting no sound and video lag now! Atleast we are one step ahead! Thanks guys!

Not the first time I have seen problems with a molex connector... :)

Good job, my friend!!!

Glad that worked for ya.

-Skystalker

Back