Refurbished processors at newegg again!

Doesn't "refurbished" mean broken and then fixed?

I'm a little puzzeled by a "refurbished" CPU.

If it was broken, how did they fix it - I not aware that you can fix a non functioning CPU. If it's dead, it'll most likely stay dead.

Most of the time its someone tried to OC and it didn't perform as well or they ordered a product by mistake.

Got my 3000+ 400fsb today I took to a local computer service place they did a diagnositcs. and not a thing wrong with it.

i feel like a geico customer but i save 25%!

Doesn't anyone here work? I can never seem to sign onto NEWEGG to find the refurbs before they are sold out. I visit newegg at least 3 times a day and yet the "refurb" cpu eludes* me.

does anyone know when newegg updates there refurb prices? I can never seem to figure when they do it...or is it random?

i believe the updates are random. I managed to get my CPU one night when the updated at like 8pm EST and I got my 2600+ for 63 bucks. The next chip they had was a 2800+ at like 105 so I figured it was not worth it.

$560 any good ? Might pick one up what kind warrenty would it be refurbed from newegg. If somthing happended and I sent it back to amd would they tell me to f off ?

Back