Recommend me a sub $300 1920x1200 24" display

jimphreak

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to buy two 24" 1920x1200 displays. I will be using these monitors for the work (remote desktop into many servers, multiple excel documents), general PC use (web browsing, watching videos, etc.) and gaming in that order. I'm coming from Asus 23.6" Asus LED 1920x1080 monitors and I really miss having the extra real estate the my old 1920x1200 monitor gave me. I've heard a lot about IPS monitors being the best these days but I don't know a whole lot about them. Just looking to keep it below $300 per monitor.

Is this Dell U2412M a good option or is it somewhat outdated?

The U2412 uses a grainier matte coating than the newer options and LED PWM Dimming. Links to reviews of the best 1920x1200 monitors can be found here (scroll down, the VS24AH-P is the best option for PC-only use).

Great price on that display, but the look of it just doesn't "pop" to me.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=860-BBDY

This looks like an exceptional choice, it was on sale earlier this week for $269, I regret not buying one myself.

This display looks fantastic. Just my luck I'd miss it being on sale for that price. I really like the look of the tiny bezels.

How is an untested Dell (usually plagued by exclusive performance issues) an excellent choice?

Spec wise and it being a true 16x10 IPS 99% sRGB for under $300, I'll take my chances. I also love the fact that is has two HDMIs as well, PS4 and PS3 connections, prefer playing console games on PC monitors.

Last edited:
I think I've narrowed it down to the Dell U2415 and this Asus PA248Q. Any thoughts on this Asus?

And btw, I've seen a video review on the Dell and the and screen really does display right up to where the bezel is.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The PA248Q uses LED PWM Dimming and a grainier matte coating than the newer models, and all of the frame-less monitors have an inner black bezel.

The PA248Q uses LED PWM Dimming and a grainier matte coating than the newer models, and all of the frame-less monitors have an inner black bezel.

Do you have a recommendation then other than the ASUS VS24AH-P that is affordable? I need easily accessible USB on the monitor.

I read it. I like the monitor and I certainly like the price but USB ports are important to me because my computer is not easily accessible (have to basically get on my hands and knees to plug in a USB drive.

Why not just buy a cheap USB hub off amazon instead of limiting your potential choices?

Back